• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Anyone watching Ripley? I’m half way through it. A lot more slow moving than the film (and no Jazz). It’s beautifully shot - if you like b&w photography & cinematography. I’m enjoying it.

Anyone watching Ripley? I’m half way through it. A lot more slow moving than the film (and no Jazz). It’s beautifully shot - if you like b&w photography & cinematography. I’m enjoying it.

I’m halfway through it also. Saw the film at the cinema when I was 15. Enjoying it so far too.

Baby Reindeer on Netfilx was a cracking watch this week - disturbing dark comedy based on the real life events of the writer/lead actors experience being the victim of a stalker.

Shogun on Disney finished yesterday, top quality throughout and nailed the ending (imv)

Baby Reindeer on Netfilx was a cracking watch this week - disturbing dark comedy based on the real life events of the writer/lead actors experience being the victim of a stalker.

Shogun on Disney finished yesterday, top quality throughout and nailed the ending (imv)

Unbelievable. Top drawer. And let's face it mate, you've scratched the surface of the story there...fantastic stuff.

Also, if you're looking for a really funny, wry, kind of fudged up but great show, Loudermilk!

Unbelievable. Top drawer. And let's face it mate, you've scratched the surface of the story there...fantastic stuff.

Also, if you're looking for a really funny, wry, kind of fudged up but great show, Loudermilk!
Yeah keep hearing about Loudermilk - will put it on the list

2 seasons in to my 2nd watch of the Expanse.

It is glorious. Maybe because I'm a bit dim but definitely getting the politics / intricacies of the plot better this time around, especially when it comes to remembering the names of certain ships that are involved.

It came out around a good time in terms of effects / visuals and is very well put together. My bag in sci fi is normally the next generation which I could rewatch endlessly but it's great to watch something with a winding and weaving storyline working towards something rather than "let's go to this planet and do this thing and it'll all be resolved by the end of this episode".

Add in Firefly and it's my Holy Trinity of science fiction, i'll always wonder how it would've gone if they'd made more seasons, and how exactly it was canceled in the 1st place.

It is glorious. Maybe because I'm a bit dim but definitely getting the politics / intricacies of the plot better this time around, especially when it comes to remembering the names of certain ships that are involved.

It came out around a good time in terms of effects / visuals and is very well put together. My bag in sci fi is normally the next generation which I could rewatch endlessly but it's great to watch something with a winding and weaving storyline working towards something rather than "let's go to this planet and do this thing and it'll all be resolved by the end of this episode".

Add in Firefly and it's my Holy Trinity of science fiction, i'll always wonder how it would've gone if they'd made more seasons, and how exactly it was canceled in the 1st place.

Everytime I read one of your posts images of Sheldon cooper will now pop into my head.

I watched the first season a year or so ago after a few recommendations on here and I quite enjoyed it. Recommended it to a couple mates who didn't take to it. Now you have reminded me I'll try and find time to carry on with it

Anyone watched Fallout or This Town

Really enjoyed them

I’m not a gamer so can’t comment on fallouts comparably to the game but I really liked the concept

I’m halfway through this town and I do like the bleakness combined with the music

Anyone watched Manhunt on Apple TV? It’s about the assassination of Abe Lincoln and the subsequent manhunt for his killer John Wilkes Booth. Only 1 episode in so far but it’s really good.

Back