• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

NYC - Where to watch football

http://www.nyspurs.com/
That web site lists two of the bars they go to watch games. Actually, I'd be interested in this too... the 8:30 kick-off is going to suck, but I went to an Irish bar in Boston at 7:30am at the beginning of last season to watch Spurs against Emirates Marketing Project. Had some Irish breakfast and a pint, fun times.

I'll keep looking for information

Don't go all the way to Brooklyn. There are plenty of footy bars in Manhattan. Red Lion on Bleecker Street is fantastic, as is Nevada Smiths and Central Pub. I can give you more pinpoint directions if you want. There are far more gooner fans in NYC than Spurs fans, so you will be outnumbered at any of those bars. But I assume you are staying in Manhattan, so all of those will be far more easy to get to than the Spurs bar in Brooklyn. It's a trade off, be around clams, or travel more early in the morning..

http://www.nyspurs.com/
That web site lists two of the bars they go to watch games. Actually, I'd be interested in this too... the 8:30 kick-off is going to suck, but I went to an Irish bar in Boston at 7:30am at the beginning of last season to watch Spurs against Emirates Marketing Project. Had some Irish breakfast and a pint, fun times.

I'll keep looking for information

Thanks mate, nice link!

Don't go all the way to Brooklyn. There are plenty of footy bars in Manhattan. Red Lion on Bleecker Street is fantastic, as is Nevada Smiths and Central Pub. I can give you more pinpoint directions if you want. There are far more gooner fans in NYC than Spurs fans, so you will be outnumbered at any of those bars. But I assume you are staying in Manhattan, so all of those will be far more easy to get to than the Spurs bar in Brooklyn. It's a trade off, be around clams, or travel more early in the morning..

I'm staying in Greenwich Village. I'm hoping that hotel may have the game on anyway but if not I'll get to a bar. I've already today the missus that I need to see this match :D Any idea what channel it will be on?

I'm staying in Greenwich Village. I'm hoping that hotel may have the game on anyway but if not I'll get to a bar. I've already today the missus that I need to see this match :D Any idea what channel it will be on?

Just noticed Billyiddo posted that link up as well before me while I was typing that up. It will be on Fox Soccer Channel, which any footy bar will have. I will have to check out the places NewYorkSpurs mentioned because screaming at my TV by myself is getting a little boring :p

McGee's Irish pub

240 W 55th St
(between Broadway & 8th Ave)
New York, NY 10019
Neighborhood: Midtown West

I went to NYC this time last year. Watched the 2-1 Sunderland win there, also watched the 1-0 win at the San Siro at the same pub. Was the last day of my holiday so I went home very happy! Great food and it's a stones throw from Times Square!

It won't be on tv in your hotel room unless its on ESPN, and I don't think it is. If you're in greenwich village, then go to any of those three bars I mentioned. All three are in the village!

We stumbled across an irish type pub round the side of Grand central station when we were there back in August.
Place was full of screens showing English footie. Head barman was an irish guy.....or was he scouse?.......can't remember.

Pretty sure it will be covering anything remotely English. Wish I could remember the name........

It won't be on tv in your hotel room unless its on ESPN, and I don't think it is. If you're in greenwich village, then go to any of those three bars I mentioned. All three are in the village!

I've been to Nevada Smith's for some drinks during a night out, but do those places serve breakfast? (preferably food that's accommodating to hangovers:))

The question is, does Mick poison them intentionally or is he just brick at BBQ's?

Its a foul slur on my quite delightful hospitality

I'm hurt at the suggestion

- I'm pretty reasonable at BBQ's actually, and the wife does fantastic salad gubbins

You would be treated royally

as befits a Spurs and Genesis fan

Back