• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Now the dust has settled Pt. II - where would our second 11 finish?

Where would our second choice team finish in the Premier League?

• Total voters

milo

Jack L. Jones
The Tromsø OMT got me thinking about how good our squad is and what a strong second choice team we can put out now but where would it finish in the Premier League?

Re: Now the dust has settled Pt. II

I'm trying not to get too excited about one result against Norwich. We had looked poor up to that, and Eriksen is now getting way overhyped based on 70 minutes against what was frankly a **** opponent.

Can we go to places like Everton, Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and get results? I'm not sure myself. I reckon we'll be 5th - 8th.

We would finish 13th* and I need to clean my glasses.

*Assuming no injuries, not having to rely on substitutes and based on two teams of 11.

what is our second choice eleven?

------------------Friedel
Naughton Chiriches Kaboul Fryers
-------------Capoue Dembele
----------Lennon Holtby Chadli
------------------Defoe
?

10th - 8th ?

------------------Defoe
?

10th - 8th ?

add Ade/Gomes to bench, 8th .. won't finish above last year's top 6 or Pool ..

1 or 2 seem to be misreading the question :-k

I'd say between 13th-17th, they're mostly decent players and some good/very good ones in the mix but wouldn't finish above 13th IMO.

------------------Defoe
?

10th - 8th ?
That is potentially a very very decent side

The only thing I would say about our second eleven is that there is very little flair. AVB's style of play means we keep the ball very well but rely on some creativity or spark of genius to score the goals and I don't see a lot of that in the second string.

Back