• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No penalties all season... Wtf?

I agree. I think refs should be interviewed after every game and asked "So how do you think you done today?" and pulled up on blatantly pathetic decisions.

I have always said that referees should come out and be interviewed just like Managers and players have a duty so should Referees.

As far as im concerned, if the referee cannot give a penalty for certain by the same token he cannot penalise Bale for a 'dive'. How the fudge is that possible? Sky had this thing with someone from the Refs association I think, all he kept on saying was from Marriners view point he couldnt say for certain it was a penalty WELL HOW THE fudge CAN HE SAY FOR CERTAIN IT WAS A DIVE? He couldnt. It was a premeditated decision based on a non 'reputation' of a player.

I agree. I think refs should be interviewed after every game and asked "So how do you think you done today?" and pulled up on blatantly pathetic decisions.

That wont happen, it would undermine everything they are trying to influence in the game.

You could see Marriner chatting with Bale just before the second-half kickoff and it appeared they had both watched the video during the break. Marriner seemed to be defending his decision to Bale but still must have said something about the ambiguity of it, at which point you can clearly see Bale make the "card" gesture ask something like, "Then how could you give me a card?"

The first one was a penalty and Marriner was in a very poor position. I can understand not giving it and looking for help from the assistant given his distance from the incident but not the booking. He can't possibly be sure of either imo.

The Cuellar handball whilst unfortunate does prevent a shot heading towards goal from reaching its desired point. His arms were out and they changed the pace/direction of the ball from where it was initially going. His dive meant that he was out of control and didn't make any attempt to prevent his arms from making contact with the ball. Clear Penalty.

No penalties? Is that a sign of poor refereeing or that we don't get into the box enough and rely on long range efforts?

This. Just 46% of our shots this season were taken from inside the penalty area (only QPR had a worse proportion) compared to 66% for ManU, 63% for Emirates Marketing Project and 59% for ARSEnal.

In our home games the balance is even worse with teams parking the bus causing us to take just 41% of our shots from inside the box (the worst proportion in the league) compared to 67% for Emirates Marketing Project, 66% for ManU, 62% for ARSEnal and 55% for Chavski.

opta just stated on Talksport that we haven't had a home penalty for TWO YEARS,just hope they be like buses next season.

Our last penalty was VdV' against ARSEnal in April 2011.

Although, what with Dempsey having missed our only penalty in regular time this season (when we got knocked out of League Cup by Norwich) plus Defoe and Adebayor' less than stellar penalty conversion rates and Bale having his only penalty for us saved, perhaps it hasn't been that big a loss to us not having been awarded any penalties!

Last edited:
our last HOME penalty was VDV

We had loads of penalties last season, just all were away.

I think the other teams are better at getting pens as they surround the ref time after time and almost bully them in to decisions and their players are better at simulating pens than us/Bale.

Ferguson, Moyes, Mourinho to name 3 would have all waited at HT for Marriner and got in his face and made Marriner think he got it wrong and owed us, our too nice coaching squad were nowhere to be seen

We seriously need to be ****s , were too nice

We need to improve the point % vs. the bottom 6, may be not Manure's 100%, but 4.3 points on average is just a pass for top 4 teams.
article-2327357-19E293D4000005DC-989_964x560.jpg

We need to improve the point % vs. the bottom 6, may be not Manure's 100%, but 4.3 points on average is just a pass for top 4 teams.
View attachment 1415

Can't believe Arse only got 2 points vs top 4 all season. I think this sums up our need to spanner the bricker teams even more. Essentially Arsenal didn't have the quality to compete with the top teams, we did, yet they finished above us. Why? Because they didn't slip up against teams below them, whereas we did!

So we got more points against top 4 sides than Chelsea and we also got the equal amount of points against the bottom 6...

So we got more points against top 4 sides than Chelsea and we also got the equal amount of points against the bottom 6...

Unfortunately when it comes to points gained against the Top 6, Chelsea surge ahead on 20 compared to our 12.

Aside from Chelsea, the only EPL teams we failed to get a win against this season were Everton, Norwich and Wigan... we got 4pts from those 6 fixtures compared to 11pts for ARSEnal and 18pts for the Chavs... at least we don't have to face Wigan next season plus Everton and Chelsea will have different managers...

That's a bit silly isn't it though? Chelsea played six games against the top four, we played eight.

Back