• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Music tickets exchange websites

monkeybarry

Ian Walker
Does anyone know of any?

I have a ticket for Lost Prophets in a couple of weeks that im trying to get rid of (at face or less - im not an a'hole)

Have put it on ScarletMist but wondered if anyone knew of any other similar sites?

There are a few places like Viagogo - but they are generally out to spin a profit

Scarlet Mist is the only fair price one I know, maybe put it on ebay at face value with a Buy It Now option? Reduce the price a little bit if the show isn't sold out.

You can put it it on Gumtree.........since the Prophets come from Wales you can put it on various cities down here plus where you live.

You may be lucky to get a fan who will want to go and see them again.

Yeah Scarlet Mist is the only face value one. I've bought and sold a couple of things on there, from my experience you won't have any trouble finding a buyer for a sold event. Maybe I'm getting old but I wouldn't have thought Lost Prophets would still generate enough demand for tickets to get to the secondary market though! ;)

Yeah Scarlet Mist is the only face value one. I've bought and sold a couple of things on there, from my experience you won't have any trouble finding a buyer for a sold event. Maybe I'm getting old but I wouldn't have thought Lost Prophets would still generate enough demand for tickets to get to the secondary market though! ;)

most bands with any kind of comercial success sell out pretty quickly mate - although it was recently "discovered" many ticket distributors send tickets straight to the "2nd market" so they can sell for a mark up on places like ViaGogo (google recent court cases, inc court case involving ScarletMist - they were shut down for months as they were suspected of touting but proved the oppopsite and its now many of the "charging" sites that are under scrutiny, as well as the industry itself)

most bands with any kind of comercial success sell out pretty quickly mate - although it was recently "discovered" many ticket distributors send tickets straight to the "2nd market" so they can sell for a mark up on places like ViaGogo (google recent court cases, inc court case involving ScarletMist - they were shut down for months as they were suspected of touting but proved the oppopsite and its now many of the "charging" sites that are under scrutiny, as well as the industry itself)

Scarlet Mist shut down for a bit because there were too many fraudulent sellers using the site. They don't sell the tickets themselves and don't take a cut from it so no touting involved.

I watched that programme on Dispatches a couple of months back that showed what you were talking about though, that there were tickets to a band's gig, think it was Coldplay, that actually had Viagogo's logo printed on the ticket because it had gone straight to the secondary market from the promoters.

So....are Lost Prophets still big then? Can't say I've heard anything they've done for a good 5-10 years!

Scarlet Mist shut down for a bit because there were too many fraudulent sellers using the site. They don't sell the tickets themselves and don't take a cut from it so no touting involved.

I watched that programme on Dispatches a couple of months back that showed what you were talking about though, that there were tickets to a band's gig, think it was Coldplay, that actually had Viagogo's logo printed on the ticket because it had gone straight to the secondary market from the promoters.

So....are Lost Prophets still big then? Can't say I've heard anything they've done for a good 5-10 years!

i havnt got round to seeing that doc yet - just read a few articles the other day

er, i dunno - i dont really follow "the charts" so dont really know if they are "big" or not i just tend to try and go to gigs of bands i like, especially if i havnt seen them (trying to complete an A-Z list of seeing a band i like starting with each letter!)

i certainly noticed over the last few years that any band with 3+ albums = 30ticket (irrelevant of recent activity (Ash, Super Furry Animals and Levellers notable exceptions) and most bands sell out standing tix within a day or so, often less

Back