• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Milija aleksic 1951-2012 rip

THFC6061

Paul Robinson
A0875.jpg

We were shocked to learn of the passing of Milija Aleksic, goalkeeper in our 1981 FA Cup-winning team, who passed away suddenly in Johannesburg on Wednesday night, aged 61.

Milija joined us from Luton Town during December, 1978 and went on to make 32 senior appearances in our colours.

Born at Saudi Sportswashing Machine-under-Lyme on April 14, 1951, Milija Antony Aleksic featured in the FA Cup for his first club Port Vale during 1968.

He had spells with Eastwood and Stafford Rangers - winning the 1972 FA Trophy with the latter - before emerging at League level with Plymouth Argyle during 1973.

Loan stints followed at Oxford United and Ipswich Town until joining Luton during December, 1976.
Milija had a loan spell back at Luton during his time with us and moved on to Alliance Premier League club Barnet in 1982. On moving to South Africa he played for Wits University.

Milija had worked at The Golfers Club in Johannesburg in recent years.

Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time.

Milija really looked like he could be finally be the goalie to fill Pat Jennings boots when he joined Spurs in '78. He wasn't called Elastic for nothing, some of his saves were worldies, but his career was constantly beset by injuries. Glad he was able to have his big moment for us with the 1981 FA Cup Final winners medal.

RIP Elastic.

Sad news Milija Aleksic

Very sad news.... Former Tottenham goalkeeper Milija Aleksic has died, aged 61.

Aleksic, who moved to White Hart Lane in 1978, was in goal for Spurs' 1981 FA Cup-winning team.

Very sad news.

I think he was a bit of a joker at the club too? I think it was Gary Brooke telling the story of the time he shat in the team bath and hid.

RIP

Re: Sad news Milija Aleksic

Very sad news.... Former Tottenham goalkeeper Milija Aleksic has died, aged 61.

Aleksic, who moved to White Hart Lane in 1978, was in goal for Spurs' 1981 FA Cup-winning team.

Godammit, Inkpen, you made us merge a thread now!!!!!

What on earth were you thinking? :lol:

Sad news! i always remember him as he was in the team when i first started getting into Spurs. Well him and a bit of Barry Daines before him. Cant believe he has passed away so young.

Back