• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Saudi Sportswashing Machine

milo

Jack L. Jones
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OHk-zzaVQObRkd64Xu-wjtZM8PJbOMvOZszKkb-7yoU/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

Vorm - 8

Chiriches - 7
Fazio - 7
Vertonghen - 7
Rose - 7

Townsend - 6
Stambouli - 7
Bentaleb - 7.5
Chadli - 7.5

Eriksen - 8.5
Kane - 7

--

Soldado - 7
Dembele - 7
Capoue - N/A

Vorm - 7 - Some very good saves.

Chiriches - 7 - Second half was near enough flawless for him. Even had a shot that didn't hit row Z
Fazio - 6 - Made a few mistakes tonight.
Vertonghen - 6 - Also made some unforced errors.
Rose - 7 - Very good second half. Made some very good forward runs, only 1 or 2 moments of bad Rose.

Townsend - 6 - Decent assist but he should've layed in Eriksen for 5-0 10 minutes later instead of shooting. Show boats and misplaces a 5 yrd pass.
Stambouli - 7 - Solid if not spectacular.
Bentaleb - 8 - Bossed it in there. Out muscled Sissoko, defended well, kept it simple and got forward with great effect.
Chadli - 7 - Great goal, didn't look 100% sharp but played his part.

Eriksen - 8 - Most of our best stuff came through him, had to fight some of our players for space at times.
Kane - 7 - Another good goal, perhaps a little tired.

--

Soldado - 6 - Well anticipated goal, not much else to do.
Dembele - 6 - Solid
Capoue - 4 - We looked worse when he came on

Vorm - 7 - Some very good saves.

Chiriches - 7 - Second half was near enough flawless for him. Even had a shot that didn't hit row Z
Fazio - 6 - Made a few mistakes tonight.
Vertonghen - 6 - Also made some unforced errors.
Rose - 7 - Very good second half. Made some very good forward runs, only 1 or 2 moments of bad Rose.

Townsend - 6 - Decent assist but he should've layed in Eriksen for 5-0 10 minutes later instead of shooting. Show boats and misplaces a 5 yrd pass.
Stambouli - 7 - Solid if not spectacular.
Bentaleb - 8 - Bossed it in there. Out muscled Sissoko, defended well, kept it simple and got forward with great effect.
Chadli - 7 - Great goal, didn't look 100% sharp but played his part.

Eriksen - 8 - Most of our best stuff came through him, had to fight some of our players for space at times.
Kane - 7 - Another good goal, perhaps a little tired.

--

Soldado - 6 - Well anticipated goal, not much else to do.
Dembele - 6 - Solid
Capoue - 4 - We looked worse when he came on

Something like this for me too, but I think you're way too harsh on Capoue.

Eriksen and Bentaleb standout, several others good.

Overall a good performance, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Krul in goal and we probably don't get the first two goals and the game would have been completely different. Great to see us take advantage of mistakes (we don't always do that) and to put a team to the sword when we're ahead. But the first two goals changed the flow of the game completely.

Overall a good performance, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Krul in goal and we probably don't get the first two goals and the game would have been completely different. Great to see us take advantage of mistakes (we don't always do that) and to put a team to the sword when we're ahead. But the first two goals changed the flow of the game completely.

I didn't think Eriksen was that good personally. He gave the ball away more than anyone. He was trying clever things, but didn't find his range till late on in the match

come on mate, you can't talk about what results would be if an injured players was available.

We took our chances at the right points in the game, i.e. early goal, right after HT, the 2 quick goals to kill completely. Very professional execution.

come on mate, you can't talk about what results would be if an injured players was available.

We took our chances at the right points in the game, i.e. early goal, right after HT, the 2 quick goals to kill completely. Very professional execution.

Sure I can. As I showed in the post you quoted.

They had their third choice goalkeeper in goal. Probably at best Championship level, possibly worse. He made a massive mistake to give us the early goal and I think most PL goalies save the shot from Chadli.

I think that's relevant when talking about the performance of the team. We were good, but not as good as a 4-0 win against a currently in form Saudi Sportswashing Machine look on paper.

Eriksen MOM for me. Thought Bentaleb and Stambouli did very well too, although they let Sissoko slip a bit too often in the first half. Vlad had his best game in a Spurs-shirt, and Rose did well on the other side. Andros tries too hard. I like his attitude, but he just can't seem to even hit the target with all his shooting. Vorm did well. Fazio and Verts caught out a couple of times as well, but thought Verts had a good game, seemed to be up for it.

Sure I can. As I showed in the post you quoted.

They had their third choice goalkeeper in goal. Probably at best Championship level, possibly worse. He made a massive mistake to give us the early goal and I think most PL goalies save the shot from Chadli.

I think that's relevant when talking about the performance of the team. We were good, but not as good as a 4-0 win against a currently in form Saudi Sportswashing Machine look on paper.

All keepers make mistakes (and we were certainly due a few from a Saudi Sportswashing Machine keeper).

My point is Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't/couldn't make us need to play any better than we did, at this point in the season, timing the goals like we did, allowing us to get Kane/Bentaleb off early was an extremely professional display that to me almost rates higher than if we were up and at them for 90 mintues, think of when Cheat$ki played us, turned it on when they needed to, won the game, shut it down.

All keepers make mistakes (and we were certainly due a few from a Saudi Sportswashing Machine keeper).

My point is Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't/couldn't make us need to play any better than we did, at this point in the season, timing the goals like we did, allowing us to get Kane/Bentaleb off early was an extremely professional display that to me almost rates higher than if we were up and at them for 90 mintues, think of when Cheat$ki played us, turned it on when they needed to, won the game, shut it down.

And I think that's a lot more due to coincidence than professionalism, so like I said we shouldn't let ourselves get carried away.

Was it 1-0 or 2-0 when Saudi Sportswashing Machine fizzed that cross in front of Vorm? Two Saudi Sportswashing Machine players and a Fazio a little behind them were there and neither made any sort of meaningful contact.

Was it 1-0 or 2-0 when Saudi Sportswashing Machine fizzed that cross in front of Vorm? Two Saudi Sportswashing Machine players and a Fazio a little behind them were there and neither made any sort of meaningful contact.

2-0. Incredible that they didn't score there. Contender for miss of the season.

Back