• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

London marathon - 2014

Kenyan Spur

Peter Taylor
Kenya finished first & second in both the ladies & mens events.

This in itself is not unusual as Kenyans do that regularly.

However, this time the First Lady, Margaret Kenyatta, wife of Kenya president Uhuru Kenyatta, took part.

She finished in 7 hours 5 minutes. Not bad for a 50 year old !!!!!!

Anyone here take part ?

Not me, but I have the upmost respect for those individuals who did take part, and who completed the event.

I'm still struggling to get my head around the idea that anyone can run the marathon in just over 2 hours!! That must be almost a sprint through the whole event!! Incredible!

incredible time, surely someone will beat 2 hours soon, you couldn't drive it in that on an average week day

I don't think anyone will get under two hours for decades, but it is bound to happen eventually. The elite athletes are incredible, a good standard county runner would be able to keep up with them for a mile tops before they run out of steam, yet the top guys can churn out 4:40 miles over and over again.

Back