• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lasagnagate II paranoia thread

Mr Bob Dobalina

Rohan Ricketts
Is anyone else slightly worried that we're on course at some point this season for another helping of Lasagne? We've been going proper crazy Vegas-style in the transfer market, a fact that has already been noted, and acted against, by certain evil Russian gangsters, who have a vested financial interest in keeping us down. Surely something ultra dodgy will conspire against us to deny us something or other at the last gasp, YET AGAIN. Could it?

My money's on an on-the-turn salmon bagel buffet courtesy of M Wenger at the Emirates next week, followed by an Abramovich-sponsored Polonium-212 dessert during the staff survivors Christmas do...

The answer is simple

- be more than 3 points ahead of at least the 5th place team come last game of the season.

Spurs can be desperately "unlucky" (Lasagna, Cheat$ki CL win, etc.), but we also have to put ourselves in positions we aren't dependent on things going our way.

I know the OP is tongue-in-cheek but you have to wonder whether it's the paranoia that's been our main problem. It's like a worm inside the club that surfaces at the most critical time to eat out its innards. If you believe someone's out to get you then they almost certainly are, that someone being none other than your own good self.

Like Raziel says, Spurs need to put themselves beyond the reach of sabotage - and of their own collective paranoia. And now I come to think of it, it feels like this is precisely what Levy's manic spending this window is all about.

So what can possible go wrong now?

Back