• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyogo Furuhashi

Not that keen on this one. He’s definitely no where near Son and Kane level, well below Richarlison too. He was left out of the Japanese World Cup squad despite having a couple of incredible seasons with Celtic.

If he comes I’d get behind him and be absolutely delighted to have a Japanese player at Spurs. But I think it’s just the lazy press doing 1+1 and ending up with “one of the Japanese guys he signed”

How about the best CB in the Scottish League? Cameron carter vickers :)

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I would take him a a squad player, his energy and pace would be an asset but you would not really be wanting him as the number 1 in my opinion.

Not that keen on this one. He’s definitely no where near Son and Kane level, well below Richarlison too. He was left out of the Japanese World Cup squad despite having a couple of incredible seasons with Celtic.

If he comes I’d get behind him and be absolutely delighted to have a Japanese player at Spurs. But I think it’s just the lazy press doing 1+1 and ending up with “one of the Japanese guys he signed”

Do you know much about the Japanese WC players or the ones at Celtic?
If so, what do you make of Reo Hatate?

Do you know much about the Japanese WC players or the ones at Celtic?
If so, what do you make of Reo Hatate?

I don't know a whole lot about him, other than he's done very well at Celtic. Kawasaki Frontale has been the best team over the past 5 years and produced many players, including Hatate and Mitoma. Ko Itakura is another from Frontale, a defender at Borussia Mönchengladbach. Not too sure about how good he is, but he impressed in all of Japan's games and got some good reviews: https://www.footballchannel.jp/2022/12/09/post488412/ - roughly "the defender who doubled his value with his aggressiveness and ability to foresee the game at the World Cup."

I mentioned Yuki Kobayashi in another thread. 22-year-old, left-footed, 6'1" (pretty big for Japanese) central defender. Joined Celtic in January. Still very raw and might not make it at the top level. I am very biased because I taught him English for a bit so I'd love to see him come in and maybe be loaned out somewhere.

The one in the J.League that should get a move to Europe in the next 12 months is Shuto Machino. He recently scored 4 goals in the first half of a match. Gamba are terrible this season and there's some horrific goalkeeping, but still some good finishes. From 4 mins 55 secs:

Kamada is the other one that I'd go and get straight away. Available on a free, but looks to be going to AC Milan from memory.

Reason I asked is that Celtic fans online have the belief that his contract has a release clause - which you'd assume Ange would know about and therefore be in a perfect position to gauge if he's a worthwhile transfer.

Back