• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Just Where Are The Club Going?

Absolutely spot on...I believe the relationship somewhere along the way got personal...probably when Levy tried to force a player on him he didn't want and 'arry just told him to f**k off!

By all accounts the relationship (which was always a bit strained) really broke down when redknapp turned down a new contract while he was being linked to the England job but then after missing out pushed hard for a new deal while levy's wife took a turn for the worse. That's the rumour anyway.

I don't think there was really a problem between Levy and Harry. Harry himself said he never had any problems with Levy. The usual excuse about lying doesn't wash here, as he never had anything to gain by saying this and in the past he's been prepared to speak about his issues with chairman. More than being a liar, Harry likes to talk and he'd struggle to keep it quiet if him and Levy were having real problems.

After his sacking he said "When people at the top don't like you, what can you do about it?"

I'd imagine Harry would rather bite his own tongue of than be that vague if he was talking specifically about one of most well known chairman in football. Even if he didn't name Levy, he'd have said "the boss" or the "man in charge."

Even at the end of the season Harry was praising Levy as he had done often in the past. If there was a problem between them I'm sure Harry would have tried to suggest Levy is stopping working to his full potential. You could argue he was after a new deal, but he was even doing it Xmas when he assumed he'd be England manager.

I suspect it was other board members or possibly even Joe Lewis. I think Levy wanted a change regardless, but I'm not sure it's this simple fallout between Levy and Harry that has been reported.

Even in the days of confidentiality clauses Harry would still have since leaving somehow let it be known if there was some big issue between him and Levy. He clearly thinks someone had a problem with him, but I think he's telling the truth when he says him and Levy never had any problems. I think Levy wanted considered making a change and was greatly encouraged by others of influence who didn't like Harry.

Remember that it was Kemsley that really pushed for Levy to get rid of Jol. I think what happened this time was probably similar.

Remember that it was Kemsley that really pushed for Levy to get rid of Jol. I think what happened this time was probably similar.

Kemsley wanted Jol out, and then wanted his big mate Redknapp in.....Kemsley wanted Redknapp in at Spurs long before he actually arrived. Levy was never a fan of Redknapp, but back in 2008 and the 2pts from8 debacle, he really had no choice but to surrender

Kemsley wanted Jol out, and then wanted his big mate Redknapp in.....Kemsley wanted Redknapp in at Spurs long before he actually arrived. Levy was never a fan of Redknapp, but back in 2008 and the 2pts from8 debacle, he really had no choice but to surrender

I don't think that's true about Levy and Harry. Kemsley wanted him, but Levy himself said he'd come close to appointing Harry a couple of times in the past, but things got in the way. Also remember the Glen Johnson incident. Levy called Harry to ask his opinion, even though he had a coach and D of F. That alone should tell us that Levy valued his opinion highly. Kemsley had gone by the time Levy appointed Harry and there were plenty of other managers he could have gone for. We had 2 pts from 8 games, but Harry wasn't the only option.

Back