• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Just stunned me for some reason...

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
So reading through the bits and bobs of the day here, I noticed once more that my 6000-odd posts have me as Dean Richards...I thought about some of his games for us and remembered how highly Glennda rated him...then I remembered he has been dead since 2011!!!! Of course I knew he was dead, but you just don't think about it. Today I did though...Dean Richards has been dead for two years!!!! It made me pause for a moment and consider just how bizarre that is. 36. Way too young. Anyway...

Yup, way too young and he could have joined the list of those players who sadly failed to reach their potential.

When he signed for us for £8m, I was delighted, I thought that he had been a terrific player for both Wolves and Southampton and couldn't wait to see what he could achieve for us. England recognition, and perhaps, captaincy followed. Not to mention the success that he might achieve with us at White Hart Lane.

He scored on his debut in the sadly memorable, for the wrong reasons, 5-3 defeat against Manchester United. He played well for a time and was amongst my favourite players for us at the time. I believe that he won the Player of the Month Award whilst with us?

I'll always be pleased that he signed for us, even if it didn't turn out quite as we would like. Sadly he retired through ill healthwithin 4 seasons of signing for us.

He will be remembered for his time at the club.

Yup, way too young and he could have joined the list of those players who sadly failed to reach their potential.

When he signed for us for £8m, I was delighted, I thought that he had been a terrific player for both Wolves and Southampton and couldn't wait to see what he could achieve for us. England recognition, and perhaps, captaincy followed. Not to mention the success that he might achieve with us at White Hart Lane.

He scored on his debut in the sadly memorable, for the wrong reasons, 5-3 defeat against Manchester United. He played well for a time and was amongst my favourite players for us at the time. I believe that he won the Player of the Month Award whilst with us?

I'll always be pleased that he signed for us, even if it didn't turn out quite as we would like. Sadly he retired through ill healthwithin 4 seasons of signing for us.

He will be remembered for his time at the club.

At the time Richards held the record for the most expensive player never to have won a full England cap.

The record has probably been smashed by now though.

It's great he is being remembered, and also it gives an opportunity for newer fans of the club on this forum to be aware of the man and his story with Spurs and beyond.

Thanks for posting Steff.

When I heard we were looking to sign him, I signed him up in my fantasy team. His debut was okay, the goal helped compensate for the penalties of leaking 5 goals. His value went up remarkably, one of my more astute buys that one.

He could have been quite good. Remind me, was his death somehow football related, or his early retirement related to the thing which ultimately caused his death??

Remember I met big Deano in batchwoods in St Alban's one Thursday night. He was a nice guy, chatted to my mates and I for quite a while. Easily one of the nicest footballers I have ran into.

As others have said, tragic what happened to him obviously. He had a lot of potential as a player and was good for us for a while too. R.I.P.

Had troubble with his ballance due to an inner ear problem if I remember correctly. Don't think it had anything to do with his death.

Back