• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

John Duncan RIP

Very good player whose goals got us back in the Prem, underated by a few but was always dangerous in the box. Great header of the ball.

Mostly played on what resembled ploughed fields. Especially that game at Mansfield at the end of the season.

I only saw about 6 or 7 games a season from 1964 till 1985 but I saw some shockers in that time, you're right about the pitch I was playing on better grounds than Spurs.

I only saw about 6 or 7 games a season from 1964 till 1985 but I saw some shockers in that time, you're right about the pitch I was playing on better grounds than Spurs.

I actually only missed one game that season we were in the second division( away at Hull which was played mid week), Some of the away grounds we played on were just like those Hackney Marsh"s after a thunderstorm. But Mansfield pitch was the worse i have ever seen ( it was that bad you could not tell who was who because the strips were covered in mud).

Must admit i did enjoy that season though going to grounds i had never been before and it was a laugh to see how the other half lived ( at that time).

I actually only missed one game that season we were in the second division( away at Hull which was played mid week), Some of the away grounds we played on were just like those Hackney Marsh"s after a thunderstorm. But Mansfield pitch was the worse i have ever seen ( it was that bad you could not tell who was who because the strips were covered in mud).

Must admit i did enjoy that season though going to grounds i had never been before and it was a laugh to see how the other half lived ( at that time).

I saw 4 that year, first game at home v Sheff Utd, away at Millwall, then last 2 home games, real nail biters after losing to Sunderland.

Back