• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

unfortunately he is not the midfield creator we need.
hopefully he gets into the England squad to increase his value....

James Maddison on the defeat:

"Just a really bad day. We conceded the first goal and when you conceded a second so quickly after at a place like this, from the kick-off we sloppily went back to the keeper knowing they're going to press. You find yourself 2-0 down and give yourself a mountain to climb."

On why Tottenham struggled: "I felt at 0-0 out there there were some chances for us, spaces to play. We just weren't brave enough I think with the ball - too many safe passes, too many safe options, not enough courage to try and play a riskier pass. It was all a bit safe which I think cost us at 0-0. When you concede two so quickly it's sloppy little details that cost us."

On how the players rallied around Micky van de Van after his mistakes: "It's one of those, you've got to get the balance right. You know if you make an error that costs a goal, you're the one to hold your hands up. We struggled to bounce back from anything. This season we've been good after conceding but today that wasn't the case."

James Maddison on the defeat:

"Just a really bad day. We conceded the first goal and when you conceded a second so quickly after at a place like this, from the kick-off we sloppily went back to the keeper knowing they're going to press. You find yourself 2-0 down and give yourself a mountain to climb."

On why Tottenham struggled: "I felt at 0-0 out there there were some chances for us, spaces to play. We just weren't brave enough I think with the ball - too many safe passes, too many safe options, not enough courage to try and play a riskier pass. It was all a bit safe which I think cost us at 0-0. When you concede two so quickly it's sloppy little details that cost us."

On how the players rallied around Micky van de Van after his mistakes: "It's one of those, you've got to get the balance right. You know if you make an error that costs a goal, you're the one to hold your hands up. We struggled to bounce back from anything. This season we've been good after conceding but today that wasn't the case."
But his job is to make those passes

Bit surprised at some of the comments. Granted he’s been a shadow of the player he was pre Chelsea. I still think he’s quality. Could do with some competition for places though and sorry but GLC isn’t it. Far too unreliable and needs to go this summer.

Bit surprised at some of the comments. Granted he’s been a shadow of the player he was pre Chelsea. I still think he’s quality. Could do with some competition for places though and sorry but GLC isn’t it. Far too unreliable and needs to go this summer.
Maddison has never okayed a full season and stayed fit at this level. That’s a huge worry. He also ge5 kicked, constantly so the injuries won’t go away

He started off brilliantly because he is quality, with better players, but an unknown system. He has come back in as teams have started okaying the low block and he has been nowhere near his previous level

Villa is the game he looked decent in again, but they are the only team we have played in the league since he returned who played a daft defensive game. He took his goal brilliantly

Maddison has never okayed a full season and stayed fit at this level. That’s a huge worry. He also ge5 kicked, constantly so the injuries won’t go away

He started off brilliantly because he is quality, with better players, but an unknown system. He has come back in as teams have started okaying the low block and he has been nowhere near his previous level

Villa is the game he looked decent in again, but they are the only team we have played in the league since he returned who played a daft defensive game. He took his goal brilliantly
I hate to say it but I remember when we were linked I said I was a bit underwhelmed if he was the player we were signing. Then during the early part of the season I thought I was wrong because he was very good, and on course for a player of the season mention but since his return from the injury he's been meh. The occasionally decent half here and there but nothing much else.

With this extended run of poor performances i think my opinion of him has leveled out a bit. He's a very good player on his day but just like in the Eriksen days we should never just be relying on one creative CM/AM in the squad to provide everything. Right now we do have Bentancur and GLC who can offer something although Bents is also surprisingly poor right now. The need for an additional AM in the summer is very apparent for me, someone Ange will go to if it's not working with Maddison.

GLC isn't the long term answer but on current form he's the better player, his tempo is better, his aggressiveness is better, he deserves a start over this version of Maddison

Similar to PEH, you have a squad for exactly this purpose, play players on form, and create the standard that if you don't play well, someone else gets a chance.

GLC isn't the long term answer but on current form he's the better player, his tempo is better, his aggressiveness is better, he deserves a start over this version of Maddison

Similar to PEH, you have a squad for exactly this purpose, play players on form, and create the standard that if you don't play well, someone else gets a chance.

I’m all for playing players on form, the trouble is Hojbjerg and GLC have been here for a number of years and proven to be not good enough. I think there’s a chance they come in and do ok but more likely they will show why they seldom start.

I’m all for playing players on form, the trouble is Hojbjerg and GLC have been here for a number of years and proven to be not good enough. I think there’s a chance they come in and do ok but more likely they will show why they seldom start.
GLC has looked good enough when he has played.. issue is he has never stayed fit enough

Back