• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Next world cup isn't for 3 years unless he gets a sex change

900x900px-LL-658002b7_joke_over_your_head.jpeg

As someone else pointed out, the hype that the Palace chairman built up around Bostock made it seem like a bigger deal than it was. That said, I do wonder if he'd have done better in todays youth setup or if his attitude was always gonna be a problem.

As someone else pointed out, the hype that the Palace chairman built up around Bostock made it seem like a bigger deal than it was. That said, I do wonder if he'd have done better in todays youth setup or if his attitude was always gonna be a problem.

Palace seem good at that, Zaha for example.

Why are there often posts questioning Bostock's attitude? It wasn't his attitude that stopped him making it as a player. I actually think we as a club were partly responsible as we tried to change the type of player that he was.

Last edited:
Having read other pieces written over the last few years, I was under the impression that it was a factor. I did see him play for us at Wembley in a pre season match vs the Barcelona B team. He actually looked like a decent footballer, hence me questionning whether he'd do better today with our current setup.

Why are there often posts questioning Bostock's attitude? It wasn't his attitude that stopped him making it as a player. I actually think we as a club were partly responsible as we tried to change the type of player that he was.

When a player engineers his own move from a club at the age of 16 you know something isnt right. Who refuses to sign a contract with their club (sol campbell style) at 16?

Having read other pieces written over the last few years, I was under the impression that it was a factor. I did see him play for us at Wembley in a pre season match vs the Barcelona B team. He actually looked like a decent footballer, hence me questionning whether he'd do better today with our current setup.
Bostock was an athletic, powerful, midfield player with good stamina, mobility, vision and a lovely left foot. In many ways he played the game in a similar way to Gerrard (so Ali is perhaps a similar sort of player?).... However for some reason the coaches at Spurs tried to change the way he played and turn him into a tippy-tappy Barcelona type footballer. I think perhaps because that was the style of play that was proving so successful back then? But it didn't suit Bostock's game at all and we and he would've been much better off if we had just left him to play his natural game... Had that happened he could well have been playing in the team in Mason's position now.

I am positive about Ali's move to Spurs as I think Pochettino has a clear view of the types of players he wants and the position that they will fill in the team. Unlike a few others on here though I don't think Ali will be playing for Spurs next season. Instead I think he will be loaned out to a club challenging towards the top end of the Championship.

Back