• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is there a new mindset?

Papercut

Jermaine Jenas
Following our splash of cash - it appears fans (and ITKs :-") have taken a new turn.

Do we no longer discount big signings because we have money? Fans are talking about Ozil when last season this would have been a pipe dream.

We missed out on spending £30 effin million on a player and the fans are really ****ed off!

We spent (reportedly) £25m or so on Soldado and there has hardly been an over excited fart on this forum (Nigeyman excluded - he's always hypertense).

Bale for circa £85m, yes £85m and that crazy sum is not even batting an eyelid with some...

I can't keep up with this crazy pre-season tbh. The sums being talked about are too crazy.

I think I prefer to sit here and think about the likes of Townsend playing next season rather than thinking about our next £40m signing. I prefer a smooth transition...

Like the summer of 2008? Overall, that year it was eleven players in, eleven out for about £90-100m each way.

I don't really follow, what do you mean?

I think he means change in mentality from both club and fans, we would normally laugh at the thought of signing someone like Ozil where as now there seems to be an expectation that should go for him.

That summer of 2008 was f'ing crazy, completely forgot about it until a few weeks back, this one feels very similar.

Last edited:
Ok well not really. I'd still say the thought of signing Ozil is laughable, we're just in a unique one-off moment where we can spend big because our best player is being sold for a bomb.

Apologies maybe I wasn't clear.

I'll summarise - we've made 2 record signings (1 being a much needed striker), just missed out on another for £30m effin quid. Look likely to sell a player for a World record fee.

But there is stilll so much doom and gloom... We are making moves in the market like champions do but we are still not satisfied it seems.

We missed out on a £30m signing and fans seem almost miserable at having to find another £30m spend. :D

I might not be making my point clear so my bad but I just find the mood a little weird considering we're looking to build a title winning team. Perhaps the whole Bale saga has been the kick in the balls that has dampened moods?

Cheers up you lot.

For me it's because we haven't signed the players I wanted ... childish I know but I want to see certain types of player being brought to Spurs but we've gone in the opposite direction this summer. I don't really enjoy watching Spurs at the moment.

We spent (reportedly) £25m or so on Soldado and there has hardly been an over excited fart on this forum (Nigeyman excluded - he's always hypertense)

Always hypertense....dunno what to make of that.;)

I still think there are many twists and turns to come.....really pleased with our signings - I hope things will shape up nicely.

For me it's because we haven't signed the players I wanted ... childish I know but I want to see certain types of player being brought to Spurs but we've gone in the opposite direction this summer. I don't really enjoy watching Spurs at the moment.

Try and give it more than one epl game where the opposition were sat as deep as you could get.

I think we are a few signings away from completing the overall puzzle.

i'm expecting us to revert to the mean unless our base line financials change i.e. sugar get philanthropic and pours in some of his cash, or we get massive sponsorship deals, or when our stadium is built. otherwise we'll end up doing a leeds.

I've heard that it could be due to FFP. Some FFP rules are based on retrictions on percentage increase in wages and transfer spend in comparison to this year. Hence this may be a good season for a big spending spree.

Not sure where our money is coming from as its not footy related revenue but I likes it! Proba the third biggest spending team around now. Means top four is a sure thing over the next few years

Try and give it more than one epl game where the opposition were sat as deep as you could get.

I think we are a few signings away from completing the overall puzzle.

I always feel that way then we go and sell our best player etc...

Berbatov, Modric possibly Bale etc..

One step forward two back etc.

Not sure where our money is coming from as its not footy related revenue but I likes it! Proba the third biggest spending team around now. Means top four is a sure thing over the next few years

See what I mean Roy1983? Trollllz

Don't know about the team and the fans but the some media seems to think we can challenge for league title this season. I think that is a change of mindset from them.

Back