• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Im now a modern man, but i need help please

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
So i have been a bit down because the house got flooded and the garden is a mess and my son is very sad because he tennis rackets got broken when the garage roof fell in.

I replaced his rackets even if apparently legal and general do not want to include it in my claim(****s). So i brought myself as a treat one of these ipods, never had one before. I have always been happy on the trains up to london to look and ponder and be at one with my thoughts.

Now though i can listen to some rolling stones and the clash and be like one of these cool young cats. My only problem is i can not work out how to get the music from my cd's onto it, this ipod is literally tiny and i can not see a whole where you would put the cd into anyway.

I asked the wife but she just laughed and walked away, i don't rate apple because the is no booklet with it, unless im missing something and the whole world is in on a big joke i don't know about. I looked at another website and the was some talk about sync obut i got a little lost.

Does anyone know how you go about getting music from your cd onto your ipod and go slowly like your talking to a 5 year old.

Might just have to go back to listening to music only when im in the car or in the front room. If i can manage it then im going to get me a ring tone you download something like the song from mash would suit me.

Maybbe it is a midlife crisis but i thought i could wear the ipod while im jogging, also at what age does a man look a little stupid in white trainners.

Thanks in advance for the help.

the new iPods have a small laser which comes out of the headphone socket, its kinda like an old record player, simply hold the iPod at a 45 degree angle in one hand whilst rotating the disc in a clockwise direction (label side up) on the index finger of your other hand, you'll need to keep the headphone socket between 3 and 4 inches from the surface of the disc, 4 rotations per track on the cd should suffice and the iPod will do the rest

the new iPods have a small laser which comes out of the headphone socket, its kinda like an old record player, simply hold the iPod at a 45 degree angle in one hand whilst rotating the disc in a clockwise direction (label side up) on the index finger of your other hand, you'll need to keep the headphone socket between 3 and 4 inches from the surface of the disc, 4 rotations per track on the cd should suffice and the iPod will do the rest

is this what this thread is going to be like?

i think i shall hand my notice in if i get any nasty comments, i usually find some of you guys on here give good advice when it comes to techno stuff

sorry mate couldn't resist, install iTunes on your computer, bosh your cd in, iTunes will offer you the option of importing the disc to your music library, then plug your iPod in with the usb cable and it will show in iTunes, you can then set the iPod to sync music from your music library

sorry mate couldn't resist, install iTunes on your computer, bosh your cd in, iTunes will offer you the option of importing the disc to your music library, then plug your iPod in with the usb cable and it will show in iTunes, you can then set the iPod to sync music from your music library

This.

right ok going to give it a go, thanks

Yeah you need to download iTunes first though! Go to the apple website and you can download the latest version from there. Once you have downloaded and installed the software then follow the directions above.

Hey Chich,

I'm assuming that, as you haven't had an iPod/phone before that you haven't bothered with iTunes before either?

This wikihow will give you everything you need to get going. Remember that once you have installed the iPod and given it a name, it will have it's own symbol in the side menu and when you click on it, you will be given a set of sub menus where you can choose how much or little you want to sync of your music/videos/apps etc. depending on which device you have. So you can download all your music to the laptop, but don't have to have it all on your iPod, you can pick and choose.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-iTunes

Back