• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gone but not forgotten

K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Paul Walsh
Just to take a break from all the transfer rumours I thought I throw this bone in the arena. I always see people writing about the great strikers we had in the past from Bobby Smith to Jermain Defoe, yet I never see anyone mention John Duncan he played for us in the late 70's when we had a poor side yet scored 53 goals in 103 games, despite playing a lot with a bad back. He wasn't blessed with great pace but his positioning and heading were terrific and he was a wholehearted player who just seems to be forgotten.

I do, he was really underrated and I suppose it was because it was during the time we were relegated, he only played a couple of games during the season we went down but became a big part in the following couple of seasons. As you say he was a injury problem but still managed to score a lot of goals.

I couldn't believe it when a bloke called into the showers that Spurs had won 9-0 at least I saw the 9 against Wigan and I bet there ain't many who've seen us put 7 past Liverpool.

I remember that game, my old man took us up to L'pool on the good Friday and we lost 2-5 and we played the return on Easter Monday and won 7-2 ( Jimmy scored 4 if I remember).

I also saw us lose 7-0 at Anfield the season we got back into Div one.

Even that did not get him the MOM that went to the guy who scored 4 goals.
I was at that game to witness Colin Lee score 4 on his debut. All downhill from that point onward though....It was an indication of Spurs' status that the BBC were there to record that performance in a Second Division game.

Quick quiz. What former Arsenal player was playing upfront for Bristol Rovers that day? Hint: he once burst into tears after being punched by Gary Sprake!

I was at that game to witness Colin Lee score 4 on his debut. All downhill from that point onward though....It was an indication of Spurs' status that the BBC were there to record that performance in a Second Division game.

Quick quiz. What former Arsenal player was playing upfront for Bristol Rovers that day? Hint: he once burst into tears after being punched by Gary Sprake!

Bobby Gould?.

Back