• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

First barbecue of the year tomorrow

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
I love a barbecue and do them pretty much all year round, we shall eat indoors but i will be in the garden doing the meat, its meant to be healthier for you as well as being the best thing to taste.

Anyone else barbecue in the winter months? i will do a surf and turf for some of my boys from the beach but mainly just a family affair.

Oh yeah and i would like to recommend a website to you ladies. http://freedownfood.co.uk/default.aspx?gclid=cnflppfvt64cfygifaodtj8nnq

Winters no excuse for no BBQ good on ya chich! Personally, I give chicken a swerve and stick to burgers. Much prefer doing a BBQ than just attending one. Gotta get it just right other wise the food just burns. Real art to it.

How was the steak and stockings night Chich? Go well?

Can't wait to start having barbeques again, was probably hot enough yesterday, got to around 15 in Liverpool. Mental.

Can't wait to start having barbeques again, was probably hot enough yesterday, got to around 15 in Liverpool. Mental.

Did a fantastic BBQ last year for the fine lady's birthday, it was on January the 8th and about -5 but my lord what fun, all the men out side drinking and the women and children inside great day. We also cook all are steaks out side on the BBQ no matter the weather.

Was a lot of fun but got a bit messy.

15 is warm enough im not keen when it goes above 20 between 15 and 20 is perfect temperature for me. My flowers and veg don't know whats happening. I had some carnations come through a month ago but after the recent cold snap they stopped again, poor things.

I fudging love them.

Ever since i was little, a fox would join my family for a BBQ, it would then turn up with its cubs. When they were older they'd bring their cubs, it was amazing how friendly they were...we'd only see them a handful of times a year, but when we had a BBQ they would turn up...this went on for at least 10 years...was actually quite sad when they stopped coming!!

Pretty much normal service through the winter here in Canada. We've got a barbecue on the deck at home and one at the cottage three hours north. We grill steak, venison, chicken breast, pork chops, salmon, lake trout or pickerel filets(not all at once, mind), and vegetables like peppers and zucchini. Also use foil pouches to steam fish and herbed mushrooms. A favorite appetizer is to put whole, halved garlic cloves brushed in olive oil onto the grill. They turn sweet in a few minutes and begin to pop up out of their skin. A wonderful appetizer spread on baguette, toasted on the upper grill.

Just magic to be cooking out on a cleared deck at night at the cottage, surrounded by waist deep snow and the total silence it brings, enjoying a nice Chilean Malbec or a fine ale and gazing at the Milky Way or, when we're lucky, the Aurora Borealis dance overhead.

Just magic to be cooking out on a cleared deck at night at the cottage, surrounded by waist deep snow and the total silence it brings, enjoying a nice Chilean Malbec or a fine ale and gazing at the Milky Way or, when we're lucky, the Aurora Borealis dance overhead.

That's nothing, here in Liverpool I can drink a can of special brew and watch some tramps fight over a disposed bag of fish and chips.

Pretty much normal service through the winter here in Canada. We've got a barbecue on the deck at home and one at the cottage three hours north. We grill steak, venison, chicken breast, pork chops, salmon, lake trout or pickerel filets(not all at once, mind), and vegetables like peppers and zucchini. Also use foil pouches to steam fish and herbed mushrooms. A favorite appetizer is to put whole, halved garlic cloves brushed in olive oil onto the grill. They turn sweet in a few minutes and begin to pop up out of their skin. A wonderful appetizer spread on baguette, toasted on the upper grill.

I could make it at yours by middle of next week - cool?

I do love snow.

I LOVE THEM!! My pa BBQs some nice meat... For the life of me tho, i cant enjoy chicken cooked on the BBQ and i dont know why.. Shame, ahhh welll, burgers and sausages... Lovely

Back