• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ESPN 30 for 30: White, Blue and White

Richie

Naybet
For those who don't know, ESPN's 30 for 30 is a series in which each episode focuses on a different sporting moment or event. I just watched one on the '83 NFL 'Quaterback' draft when Elway and Marino were drafted for example.

Anyways, they've started a series dedicated to football stories, the first of which aired yesterday about Hillsborough, and browsing Wikipedia it looks like they're going to be making one on Ardilles and Villa signing for Spurs. From the Wiki:

After leading their national team to victory in the 1978 FIFA World Cup, Argentines Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa join Tottenham Hotspur, becoming cult heroes in England after leading Spurs to the 1981 FA Cup Final. Things radically change, however, when a conflicted Ardiles leaves Spurs and returns to Buenos Aires after Argentine troops descend on the British-ruled Falkland Islands, asserting rightful sovereignty over the territory.

Sounds really interesting. Due to air July 1st apparently.

I love these documentaries - so well made - really enjoyed the one about the U. The Todd Marinovich story is also pretty interesting - quite heartbreaking in a way.

Will definitely keep my open for this one

Great series, fantastic stories. Favorites include the Bo Jackson story, the last great American two-sport star, the great trash-talking rivalry between film maker and NY Knicks fan Spike Lee and Indiana Pacers great guard Reggie Miller, and NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt.

Was this the one made when Ossie had his car crash on the Island. They were making a documentary then.. tentatively think it my have been the BBC though.

Saw the one abut the Serbian and Croatian basketball players was really good

Vlade Divac and Drazen Petrovic. A really interesting and sad story, gave a real insight into how the breakup of the former Yugoslavia caused such tensions between people who were friends before. It really is fascinating to try and understand how nationalist tendancies for people from differing parts of Yugoslavia were kept very much in check and lived with for decades under Tito, with people seemingly happy to be seen as Yugoslavian and then it just went haywire in the 10 years after his death with all regions wanting independance and claiming hatred for virtually all the other factions/nationalities.

Back