• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CVs

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Hate them!! ](*,)

I am trying to create a CV so that I can apply to a lot of law jobs and at the moment my head doesn't want to know how to write anything. I'm struggling to write my personal statement and that's just the start of the CV!

I know everyone should have a good CV though and it's been a few months since I've finished the degree, even if I haven't had the graduation ceremony yet.

Anyone have any good tips?

Have you looked online for templates ??

I havent updated mine for years but do look through the one's we get for jobs at work and it seems less is more in terms of content, people dont want to see pages and pages of irrelevant brick

Yeah, I'm trying to keep my CV lean. I figure that the CV should be tantalising and make the employer want to invite you in to find out more, not too much that it bores them to death.

With the personal statement, so far I've said that I recently finished the degree and added the skills that I believe I developed during my study. I also added that I'm looking for an employer who will provide opportunity for me to build practical skills and to expand my knowledge. Hopefully that kinda stuff will be ok.

More than 2 pages and you're taking the tinkle

You must be able to write an introduction paragraph to sum you up

ie. Who are you? What have you been doing the last couple of years. What are you good at.

Then education

Then skills / qualifications

And then a page on work history / previous projects

Bosh

New job

Two pages? Ive always read it should be two pages but I have three and a half pages and I still get calls (CV is on monster etc).

I have had jobs which have provided me with different experiences so I have had to write in succinct detail what they are.

You'd get more calls if it were 2 pages

I'd rip yours up and put it in the bin

I don't need to know what you had for lunch at your employer in 2006

Tried creating mine online, was getting there with a decent personal statement and write-up for current job and then... the site crashes! I clicked on 'add' to update the CV and it loaded an error page. I clicked on back and then save, it loaded an error page; no matter what I did, it loaded an error page! I think I'm going to go library after work tomorrow and concentrate on it there and get it all written.

I'm almost tempted to pay someone, who knows what they are doing, ?ú50 or whatever to write me a fantastic CV. I'm sure that the money paid would be worth it if I received a lot more feedback as a consequence of having a more professional CV available.

You'd get more calls if it were 2 pages

I'd rip yours up and put it in the bin

I don't need to know what you had for lunch at your employer in 2006

Id rip your head off.

Eh i like my CV. Ill send it to ya. We could do lunch.

On Macs there's loads of template CV's in Pages. Makes it just a case of typing over whats on there. Easy and can look good.

Back