• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Crunch Time 2015

90291Spur

Paul Walsh
As we have entered into this crucial period of the season - EL, Cup Final, Race for Top 4, I would like to take a moment to reflect on, and appreciate, the changes we have seen so far under Poch. He has taken a squad that is not 'his' and managed to get us winning games and winning them in a style that makes us smile again. He has seemingly given us a feeling of solidity and cohesion. What teams he puts out in the next few games will come under great scrutiny by all of us, and many of us have different ideas about which games are more important. Unless someone on this Glorious forum has inside knowledge we can only guess what goals for this season.

And whatever happens, it feels like we are on the up.

COYS!!!!

Agreed. Definitely moving in the right direction. And good to be even where we are at this stage although we're obviously all hoping that we push on sooner rather than later.

I also agree that to some extent people should accept that Poch will make some decisions they disagree with. I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt by now and people should at least assume that he knows what he's doing and he has reasons for what he does... He has a lot of tough, close, decisions to make and the media will no doubt judge him almost exclusively on the results. Personally I don't think that's fair at this point and I hope we as Spurs fans can give him a bit more... credit.

Edit: Oh. And let's hope there will be plenty more crunch time 2015 situations coming up this season! :)

I wouldn't even call it crunch time, even if we crash out of all 3 over the next few weeks it's still been a successful season, I think MP has overachieved with this squad and he's pulled a rabbit out of a hat with Kane

I wouldn't even call it crunch time, even if we crash out of all 3 over the next few weeks it's still been a successful season, I think MP has overachieved with this squad and he's pulled a rabbit out of a hat with Kane

I thought crunch time more as in a run of several very important games close together that will hugely influence how our season turns out.

I actually think crunchtime has been and gone, that was the period when Poch "ousted" Kaboul, Lennon and Ade from the squad and decided that players like Mason and Kane were deserving of a run in the team.

What we have now is a team that plays together rather than trying to be the "one man show" and we're reaping the benefits of it, win or lose at Fiorentina and the Cup final Poch has performed wonders to get a group of players to work as a team and play how he wants them to in such a short space of time. From the outside in it really looks like the players have bought in to his style of play and are actually benefiting personally from it.

I am happy with the way things are going, there is still room for improvement but we are heading in the right direction.

It would have been difficult for this season not to have been an improvement on last term. Need I remind any of us that in 2013/14:

We lost all 3 games to L'Arse
We lost all 3 games to The Spammers
Had no identity on the pitch
boring to watch
Felt the club left us (the supporters) out to dry with Stubhub, the Y-word and no transparency with stadium options.

Poch couldn't do much about Stubhub but if the season was to end today then he will have:

Beaten l'Arse
Beaten The Spammers
Beaten Chelsea scoring 5 goals
Taken us back to Wembley
Built a team around home grown players
Started to implement a playing style that is pleasing on the eye and has got results.

Still a long way to go but does feel as if 'we have our Tottenham back'

Back