• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Comedy Gold from Red Cafe - Gareth Fail 2009

THFC6061

Paul Robinson
For your enjoyment, here are some choice comments about Gareth Fail from Red Cafe from July 2009...

He's one of those 'inbetween' players - not good enough defensively to be a top full back, and not quite good enough going forward to be a winger. He is perfect as a wing back, but not many teams play a system with 3 centrebacks these days at the top level.

I think he needs to move as the signing of Walker and McNaughton from Sheffield United, added to Hutton and Assou-Ekotto (and O'Hara can play left back) I can't see him getting many games next year.

Could be that he doesn't have the right mentality for it, too.

You can't just blame it on everyone else but him, he has to take some of the blame for being so poor at Spurs.

I don't know, I thought he's always been largely pish for Spurs.

http://www.redcafe.net/f9/milan-roma-ajax-after-gareth-fail-260826/

I have absolutely no doubt that these same jokers are now insisting that Spurs are a one-man team and that Gareth Bale is too good for us.

Is that the same forum who earlier this season said they'd take Wheelchair over Bale and it was a no-brainer?

To be fair, when Utd bought Ronaldo people (including me) were calling him a diving one trick pony who could only do step-overs.

To be fair, when Utd bought Ronaldo people (including me) were calling him a diving one trick pony who could only do step-overs.

Ronaldo was damn awful at the beginning though wasn't he... 7 step-overs then an attempted cross so bad that it would even make Lennon lol!

From what I've read, the Red Cafe regulars are a pretty decent lot, to be fair.

Quite knowledgeable. Usually fairly complimentary about Spurs. Generally prefer us to do well rather than any of the other top four challengers. They're nothing like the comically deluded RAWK regulars.

What they said about Bale was no different to what people around the country were saying. It was more a commentary on his record of never having appeared for a winning Spurs team in the Premier League than a commentary on his ability as a player.

No crystal balls there, but then Harry used to say he thought Bale's best position would be at left-back, as well.

I think you would find much worse comments on here if you looked at threads from the same time...

Absolutely true.

I recall watching the 0-2 Liverpool game at Anfield the year we qualified for the CL and Bale had just got in the side. I watched it with a bunch of Spurs fans who wanted him sold. I also recall the Leeds FA Cup game at the Lane that year when he didn't go to the corner flag in injury time, lost the ball and they scored to make it 2-2. He got a lot of abuse on here for that. Then there was genuine belief in 'the curse'.

There was an awful lot of people, Spurs and non-Spurs fans alike, who didn't rate Bale up to two/three years ago.

Back