• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coaxial Cables - Which one (OHMS)?

Mick thanks for your help on this.

Spoke to a mate (also a Spurs fan so I trust him :D) who works for a company that deals will plasma tvs, projectors, etc so he's pretty versed too. It was a brief discussion and I think he's also leaning towards the RG6 75Ohm. I've reduced the length I'm after to 10m as I think I was trying to be generous (just planned it better). I couldn't see the frequency or the impedence you mentioned on the Superhub however.

I'm going for gold plated connectors as you said, these are important (I assume gold plated is better?).

I was looking for flooding/flooded type cabling as part will be external though difficult to find.

I did try to find RG60 but no luck.

Oh by the way; it seems a lot of retailers claim RG6 but then go onto say it's RG59 - the latter I've been warned off against. Bit confused there.

Cheers

CT100 (now WF100) would be my recommendation.

Work is installing and maintaining MATV/SMATV distribution headends for hotels - use crimped terminals not screw-on 'f's.

Mick thanks for your help on this.

Spoke to a mate (also a Spurs fan so I trust him :D) who works for a company that deals will plasma tvs, projectors, etc so he's pretty versed too. It was a brief discussion and I think he's also leaning towards the RG6 75Ohm. I've reduced the length I'm after to 10m as I think I was trying to be generous (just planned it better). I couldn't see the frequency or the impedence you mentioned on the Superhub however.

I'm going for gold plated connectors as you said, these are important (I assume gold plated is better?).

I was looking for flooding/flooded type cabling as part will be external though difficult to find.

I did try to find RG60 but no luck.

Oh by the way; it seems a lot of retailers claim RG6 but then go onto say it's RG59 - the latter I've been warned off against. Bit confused there.

Cheers

RG 6 will be lower loss, but for 10 M RG 59 will be fine.
yes gold contacts

I suspect that the data rate will be IF, not in the GHz, so you should be fine and dandy with what you are doing. The insulation on your coax with withstand the rigours of British weather, sunlight is the biggest killer of non outdoor cabling. Tack it down with cable clamps to stop it whipping around in the wind though.

Back