• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Child's name tattoos

I'm no detective

but I'm guessing that you have some tattoos.................

I don't - (have any)

but can I ask, do you think that they look classy, ie

that the addition of tattoos to your body elevates you up the social ladder, by default?

On a personal level, I have never met anyone who doesn't have one - who has expressed real regret that they never did, but I have met innumerable people who have had them done, who regret it bitterly.

The only people who defend them staunchly, seem to be the people who have got to the point of no return - ie, impossible to cover up, or have removed.

This is an observation, not a condemnation.

I have two Spurs tatts. Absolutely no regrets. They are not on general show during my everyday life.
I am not defending them 'staunchly' & i definitely am not saying that they are 'classy', i just find it amusing that some on here appear to believe they have some kind of moral high ground or have more class than others because they do not have tatts. I am not sure what gives them the right to make that kind of judgement.

This may have been covered elsewhere, but are you chich?

My feelings on tattoos is that if they lasted 10 years only, I'd definitely have one done. But the fact its with you for life is a little too scary for me.

Serious question to those pro-tattoos people...how do you think your artwork will look when you are 60+? Did you not think about that when you had it done or did you consciously say fudge it, and did it irrespective of future grandkids etc?

What? LOL any future grandkids will not be able to live with the shame of having a Grandad with tatts. They might think one that loves them is a bit more important.

Kids generally dont seem to be as judgemental as some adults.

What? LOL any future grandkids will not be able to live with the shame of having a Grandad with tatts. They might think one that loves them is a bit more important.

Kids generally dont seem to be as judgemental as some adults.

Was thinking just about explanations/reaction...wasn't saying it would make you unfit to be a grandparent, sorry if it came across that way...

Memorial tattoo's can be lovely if done right, your idea of a scroll with a message sounds a really nice one

Ive got one that reminds me of my gdad who passed away, everytime I look at it it reminds me of him, I love it...

That's exactly what makes me want one. I want to be able to explain what that tattoo is when someone asks, i want to look at and smile. As you say if done right it should turn out great so i guess i need to fork out for the very best (think ?ú100 per hour was the highest i saw).

That's exactly what makes me want one. I want to be able to explain what that tattoo is when someone asks, i want to look at and smile. As you say if done right it should turn out great so i guess i need to fork out for the very best (think ?ú100 per hour was the highest i saw).

Just because somebody is expensive doesnt mean they are any good KD, ive seen tattoo's that cost ?ú150 an hour and they are attrociously done, very shabby, ive also seen ones done for ?ú60 an hour and they are incredible..

My advice to you would be to buy a few tattoo magazines or look online for artists near to you or in london, check out their work, then decide on one, pop into see them discuss what you want ask for his advice then go from there..

Just because somebody is expensive doesnt mean they are any good KD, ive seen tattoo's that cost ?ú150 an hour and they are attrociously done, very shabby, ive also seen ones done for ?ú60 an hour and they are incredible..

My advice to you would be to buy a few tattoo magazines or look online for artists near to you or in london, check out their work, then decide on one, pop into see them discuss what you want ask for his advice then go from there..

Yep, good advice Marky.

I have two Spurs tatts. Absolutely no regrets. They are not on general show during my everyday life.
I am not defending them 'staunchly' & i definitely am not saying that they are 'classy', i just find it amusing that some on here appear to believe they have some kind of moral high ground or have more class than others because they do not have tatts. I am not sure what gives them the right to make that kind of judgement.

I don't have any issues with people wanting to do it, beyond not understanding why. As I said, I know lots of people who regret it, but no-one who wishes they had.

Personally I think body art looks awful, almost without exception, I would never do it - but thats my choice, as it is for folk that want to.

As for class, I think a lot of the class issue revolves around the section of society that do it, usually tend to be people in non professional roles, as it is seen as reflecting poorly on your decision making abilities, particularly if visible beyond the coverage of your clothes.

If you see people plastered in them, they are usually blue collar or "unemployed type" of people. I don't doubt their are exceptions, but in general that seems to be the way things are - rightly or wrongly.

There's nothing worse (except you know, rape 'n stuff) than seeing a white collar, private school boy with a lame-o tribal tattoo though. Sure, if you are well hard and covered in tatts, good on you. But if you got your tattoo in between picking up your pink polo shirt from the dry cleaners and dropping the Merc off for a service, well then you're a bit of a nob.

Each to your own, its your personal choice, same with what you do in your life...

Amen.

Why do people care so much about what others do. You dont like it? Dont get it done.

A guy came in my work the other day with Hugo Boss tattoo'd on his arm. Yes, I thought it was awful, but my workmates spent half an hour going on about it.

I said to them, "do you think he's talking about you right now? Or even remembers you? Or gives two f#cks what you think?"

Amen.

Why do people care so much about what others do. You dont like it? Dont get it done.

A guy came in my work the other day with Hugo Boss tattoo'd on his arm. Yes, I thought it was awful, but my workmates spent half an hour going on about it.

I said to them, "do you think he's talking about you right now? Or even remembers you? Or gives two f#cks what you think?"

Ha ha that is excellent - a Hugo Boss tattoo!

What next, Adidas

Maybe a Nike swoosh

A Mercedes tri-star on their chest with their 3 wives' names on each point

Jesus H Christ

Back