• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Can we have a world cup board?

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
Thought I'd get this request in early..

I'm not a fan of the 'mega-thread' so I would much rather the world cup had it's own sub-forum for the duration of the tournament. It's only 4 weeks long but could start the board a bit earlier when squads are announced.

I feel that decent discussion can get lost in megathreads and this would be the best solution. I hope the admins can consider doing this?

Also I hope the transfer window board will come back? thought it worked well in January.

good idea, would give me somewhere to stick the nostalgic "who's regressed to their childhood and started the panini album like me" thread i've been meaning to start

We've been discussing this for a while. No decisions have been made but we were leaning towards using General Football for this. They'd be no need for mega threads because most of the other threads will die back during the close season.

that sounds perfectly reasonable milo. My fear is though that threads connected to the world cup would be merged into 'the official world cup thread' which could be a bottleneck for discussion. If you're telling me we're welcome to start multiple threads on various aspects of the world cup though then I don't see a problem.

that sounds perfectly reasonable milo. My fear is though that threads connected to the world cup would be merged into 'the official world cup thread' which could be a bottleneck for discussion. If you're telling me we're welcome to start multiple threads on various aspects of the world cup though then I don't see a problem.

Part of the thinking behind having a General Football forum was so that we could let things go a bit more and have less mega-threads. I think the more threads the better, the only time we might merge threads is if we have two which are the same but other than that...

Yep. Keep this place for WC threads, but allow multi threads. Perhaps still a game thread like we have as a mega thread but a thread for each different group maybe.

Superted has said it. Make it so.

Yep. Keep this place for WC threads, but allow multi threads. Perhaps still a game thread like we have as a mega thread but a thread for each different group maybe.

Superted has said it. Make it so.

I think that some of the bigger games might warrant their own OMTs and I think that some of the more fancied countries or countries with a decent supporter base on here might have enough discussion to have their own threads.

It's up to you lot really. As long as it doesn't descend into an argument, we'll leave you to it.

Back