• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Blu Ray players

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Just got a Blu ray player for xmas. I wanna get it chipped so I can play blu rays from different regions, mainly America. Anyone know where I can get it done?

Go to those dodgy Asian/Indian places - theyll do it. You can go to somewhere like Goodge Street or Tottenham Court Road - there are loads of these tiny electronic shops which no doubt you will find one who will help

Whats the make? Often there is just a code you need to enter in order to unlock it. Have a hunt round google and you'll probably find it floating around somewhere.

Have to say that its not really such a big deal to have multi region anymore, films are released more or less at the same time around the world now and the prices are relatively similar as well.

It's a Sony.

Most of the blu rays I buy are English, but there are some tv shows like Breaking Bad which aren't available on blu ray in this country. Plus we got massively shortchanged on with The Avengers when it comes to extras compared to what the Americans got.

Sorry Jurgen for this post - not trying t hijack the thread or anything.

I am looking for a DVD/Blue Ray player (which can play MP3s and other downloaded shows and movies) with some sort of speaker system. Seen then around - entertainment systems. Got a Sony TV but looking for a sony entertainment set. I dont wanna spend too much as I want to upgrade everything within a year so this is kind of a short term measure.

Anyone point me to something cheap yet reliable etc.

Sorry Jurgen for this post - not trying t hijack the thread or anything.

I am looking for a DVD/Blue Ray player (which can play MP3s and other downloaded shows and movies) with some sort of speaker system. Seen then around - entertainment systems. Got a Sony TV but looking for a sony entertainment set. I dont wanna spend too much as I want to upgrade everything within a year so this is kind of a short term measure.

Anyone point me to something cheap yet reliable etc.

Richer Sounds is normally a good place to start, good range and the shop staff are surprisingly helpful. Always have some kind of deals going on too

http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/home-cinema-separates/1-box-home-cinema-systems

Back