• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best thing about america and its coming to England..

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
The have been a couple of not quite anti america threads but threads taking the tinkle out of that country a bit recently, i have only been there once but the best thing about it is now coming here.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/article-24034833-doggy-bags-are-so-tomorrow.do

not that i often leave things on my plate but when i do if i have paid good money for it then i do not want it going in the bin but taking it home with me and having it the next day sounds good to me. Cold curry is a favourite of mine and i actually prefer it the next day tastes better to me. Find it interesting that some very fine restuarnats are doing this shows a shift in attitudes.

20071003232304_cheesecake%20factory.jpg

You mean you pussies can't finish that meal?

Cheesecake Factory is famous for its large portions, and I NEVER finish my meals there. Part of the reason I go there is because I get two meals out of one, and I'm generally stuffed after eating half my meal and cannot fathom how anyone would have the extra capacity for some cheesecake.

The propensity for obesity increases as you move further south and enter Paula Deen territory, where the above meal is par for the course.

These 'taking-the-tinkle-out-of-Americans' threads are actually teaching me a lot about the UK and how things are done on your side of the Atlantic. I thought America was the pinnacle of throw-away culture, but that doggy bags were ubiquitous.

Chich all curry houses and Chineseseses do doggy bags - they have all the foil tubs there ready for you

They're always happy to bag it up

You probably wound him up with some borderline racist banter or a story about your sister or something

I've never finished a meal here yet, and when I asked why the meals were so bloody big that I had to have a takeaway

"its to cater for the American tourists, who expect portions like they get at home"

I'd rather pay 20% less and feel satisfied with a full belly and an empty plate

some restaurants in Hamilton lose custom because the Americans off the tour ships won't walk upstairs to eat, as very few places have lifts.

The best thing about the states is being able to turn right on a red light in certain states (would be the left in the UK).

it'd be a tad confusing if that made it over.............

its everywhere in the US isn't it?

From what I've seen. The reds you can't turn right on are identified with the times you can't turn red, if applicable (but that doesn't stop some drivers).
If you're driving in NYC though, rights on red are prohibited unless otherwise noted.

Back