• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best film of the 80s - Aliens v Blade Runner

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Love both but Aliens for me - saw it at the cinema in a double bill with (the superior) Alien a couple of years back and as far as sci-fi action goes i don't think there has been anything since that looks as good on the big screen despite the advances in technology. Of course you could argue that BR itself looks better and you'd probably be right - but that'd be more in an arty sense than in a 'movie' sense (imo)

The Empire (Odeon/Cineworld) has closed, they are renovating it, bringing back all the art deco vibes etc, and opening as a picture house.

Down at the new development at Bromley South theres a Vue so it makes sense.

Apparently there was a lot of the old building not used, so there will be a cafe and all sorts in there once its done (so Im told).

Went to the Odeon in Bromley a few times as a teenager - used to sneak in to movies and cause trouble on a Friday night... will be good for the area to have a Picture House, we had a couple near us at our last place - worth getting a membership, think you only need to go a few times to make it worth it.

Got a Curzon coming near us in a couple of years - which is handy as there isn'tmuch local to us atm

Blade Runner isn't the best version of Blade Runner. The Director's Cut was released in 92 and all votes for it are ineligible. See also Final Cut.

I want to rewatch Blade Runner, which of the two should I watch?

Isn't the basic difference, the original has a voice over, and the directors cut doesn't?

There is quite a big??? Difference at the end as well. Plus more nods to the main??? Question of what the film raises... IE what it is to be human.

Anyway... I will give one pound to charity for every vote for blade runner as long as it wins this round.... Up to £200.

Charity of my choice... But a ligit charity.

Am I influencing the vote?... Well if it's good enough for the Russians... Brexit and trump... Then it's good enough for us.

;)))

Went to the Odeon in Bromley a few times as a teenager - used to sneak in to movies and cause trouble on a Friday night... will be good for the area to have a Picture House, we had a couple near us at our last place - worth getting a membership, think you only need to go a few times to make it worth it.

Got a Curzon coming near us in a couple of years - which is handy as there isn'tmuch local to us atm

Went to the Curzon at Canterbury a couple of weeks back, first time to one - was VERY nice!

Aliens goes through to the quarter finals

200.gif

Id love to see them both at the cinema, yet to find the opportunity.

Got a picture house opening near me soon, hoping theyll do it at some point.
ICYMI and dunno how easy it is for you to get to but the Prince Charles Cinema do lots of such double features and on good olde 70mm celluloid too...

https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceCharlesCinema.dll/WhatsOn?s=75

I watched Blade Runner: The Final Cut up my local indie (near to Leavesden Studios) and it’s certainly much improved in a proper cinema (compared to my humble home setup) and caught the 30th Anniversary rerun of Alien up local Vue which (as Billy says) has aged exceptionally well; am sure it will be back at multiplexes for its 40th anniversary next year.

Last edited:
fell asleep during blade runner reboot/sequal whatever, such an overrated series

Back