• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

BBQ

Board hero 2013? BBQ and cake in the same thread!

slow-clap-gif.gif

A mate of ours used to have a BBQ restaurant before he moved closer to London. I've never tasted better chicken.

He uses the following:
Whole chickens quartered.
Buys and uses restaurant grade coal (can be bought in Turkish shops).
Marinate the chicken overnight in garlic mayo.
Places the chicken on a steel rod and spit roasts them for an hour.

When cooked you'll have a crispy golden chicken on the outside and it’ll be tender and moist in the inside. Serve from the BBQ within 10 minutes to prevent it going dry, nothing worse than dry chicken.

Did a whole chicken last Thursday on the BBQ, smoke sealed it for 3hrs, then placed it on the BBQ turning it for about an hour. No brick it was the most moist chicken I have ever had. I was expecting it dry. It was truly amazing, and it had taken on the smoke flavour too. Next BBQ for me might be Thursday, early weather suggests back up to near 30c, any thoughts what I should do.

PlanetBBQ you can get restaurant grade coals.

Me and the Mrs had Sunday..

BBQ started 2pm

Meat indirectly added 3pm
1177lh3.jpg

At 5:00pm
wb5eog.jpg

Direct cooking at 6:00pm
sfgfp0.jpg

Finished at 7:30pm
2gsonci.jpg

:p

28u21jd.jpg

Man you fudging **** - I love ribs. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIBS.

They look like big ribs though - you need baby back ribs - tender, juicier and succulent.

Just back from Texas and they take there BBQ very seriously over there. If you ever go check out Texas Monthlys 50 best list http://www.texasmonthly.com/lists/50-best-bbq-joints-world
We done a fair few off the list, just get there early as quite a few sell out by 1:30. Best we had overall was Blacks in Lockhart, the Brisket was immense
DSC_6122.JPG

The short rib took some eating
Superhudd ever tried making Brisket or does it take too long?

Last edited:
Brisket should be fine really.. They do seem to char it quite a bit in the US. And have seen them cook it for 12hrs+ . Bit long for my liking.

There are recipe guides on that planetBBQ site.

next time I do the ribs I will definitely put into a sealed foil bag and put it direct cooking for an hour to help render it more. It's why I take the pictures, helps me improve. Although the above ribs look great, the meat should have withdrawn of the bone, and little sticks of rib bone should be protruding.

Back