• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aurasma - what does it do?

Howard Webb

Clive Wilson
Im told you wave your phone over it, and you get video clips like a barcode scanner. Any good examples out there?

I've got the app but never used it (had it before we were sponsered by them too as it sounded quite advanced) tried it on the Sun logo on the paper and a little animation played... Certainly got potential to be something special

You thinking of augmented reality?

I got the new Blackberry bold and got an app for augmented reality - I kinda get it but dont use it its supposed to be a sensory type view of your surroundings etc.

Yeah thats what Aurasma boasts, but like say i only tried it on the sun newspaper logo and i can see this augmented reality certainly has potential... Very Sci-Fi if they pull it off well

Yeah thats what Aurasma boasts, but like say i only tried it on the sun newspaper logo and i can see this augmented reality certainly has potential... Very Sci-Fi if they pull it off well

what would be ace is if you wave it over the match program on a trigger image, like BALE 3, and you get a little video of him scoring against Inter. or something. no idea how you can make money off it, except buying the app.

Basically this thing's made for the future

You hold your phone up to something and it will animate it on your screen.

For example if you go to Big Ben and hold your phone up to Big Ben you'll see a dragon flying around Big Ben

But then there's the commercial side. If you hold your phone up to Aurasma-compatible adverts (I've only seen one of these in my life) then your phone will animate this as well. You can try it out by holding your phone up to a newspaper masthead or your Spurs shirt

what would be ace is if you wave it over the match program on a trigger image, like BALE 3, and you get a little video of him scoring against Inter. or something. no idea how you can make money off it, except buying the app.

Adverti$ing will be all over it if it works.

I have the app too, never used it. Wasn't the new site meant to do something special with Aurasma?

Its being used as a gimmick mainly.
If you want a video of Bale scoring you google it much more convenient that waving your phone around.

One of the only useful augmented reality applications is for translation.
How handy is this when your abroad.
[video=youtube;h2OfQdYrHRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2OfQdYrHRs[/video]

Its being used as a gimmick mainly.
If you want a video of Bale scoring you google it much more convenient that waving your phone around.

One of the only useful augmented reality applications is for translation.
How handy is this when your abroad.
[video=youtube;h2OfQdYrHRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2OfQdYrHRs[/video]

thats class

That is a fudgein awesome app - the dictionary/translator one.

wow.

Shame its only on iphone - losers

If got an empty shop window, and put a big premier league logo on it, could people look at it on their phones and get latest scores?

forget shop window, a concrete slab on the street with a painted logo, you just walk over it and get the Spurs score? can it do live events?

HAHA YOU'VE SEEN NOTHING

Google Goggles for Android - the app of apps.

You see something you want a little more info about in the streets? Just take a photo or wave your phone at it and Google Goggles will analyse and search the web for you with it

HAHA YOU'VE SEEN NOTHING

Google Goggles for Android - the app of apps.

You see something you want a little more info about in the streets? Just take a photo or wave your phone at it and Google Goggles will analyse and search the web for you with it

I've got Google Goggles and it's great when it works! But sometimes it comes up with some odd results.
Had a hilarious one once when i was trying to show it off to a mate. I said "you can take a picture of anything and it'll search it and give you more info on it". So my mate said "ok take a pic of my Chelsea tattoo, see what happens" and when i did it came up with pictures of cats... To which i said "see, Chelsea fans are all pussies!" haha!

Back