• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Audio books

NickTB

Alan Hutton
I know there was a thread on here a while back, but I can't find it. I'm looking for some audio books for my iPhone, but don't really fancy going down the Audible monthly subscription route. Do any of you have a link for a reliable site that I can get some from? I actually don't mind paying (a reasonable amount) for them if needed.

Cheers,

Not sure about prices compared to others, but iTunes does audiobooks and would be reliable and easy on the iPhone. Used it myself a couple of times in the past, no hassle.

Librivox.com has some decent free audiobooks. All public domain stuff so older books only, and the quality of the readings are not as good as the professional stuff. Listened to a small handful of old classics on it.

I use audible £7.99 or whatever it is seems fair. If I have a backlog I just cancel membership because you keep the books.

Try your local library - with my library card I can access hundreds of audiobooks online and most are DRM free (as they are mp3 - some are wma) - just download them and listen. When you 'check out' you have 21 days to download.

Back