• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Artificial intelligence

There isn't even any smoke or mirrors. The whole thing is pure grift from Dumphf. His 'Empire' will benefit every time he opens his mouth to back or champion something. We've seen all the market anomalies. I'm surprised his cheating Caddy isn't out negotiating a Middle East peace deal.
 

OpenAI scraps rollout of new model over safety concerns​

"The model fell short in terms of staying within scope and authorisation and how it communicates back to the user about the type of work it's done," Saachi Jain, head of safety systems at OpenAI said

"We want to make sure our model development is safe no matter whether that's in the company, or when we ship it to users. But when we ship it to users, we have an extremely high bar in terms of safety and alignment," she added.

 

OpenAI scraps rollout of new model over safety concerns​

"The model fell short in terms of staying within scope and authorisation and how it communicates back to the user about the type of work it's done," Saachi Jain, head of safety systems at OpenAI said

"We want to make sure our model development is safe no matter whether that's in the company, or when we ship it to users. But when we ship it to users, we have an extremely high bar in terms of safety and alignment," she added.

This is exactly why there needs to be global governance of how we want AI to move forward. Because there are a lot of other companies that would not gouvern themselves in this way, and just it roll on.
It's admirable of OpenAi, but far from everyone would restrict themselves like this.
 
I have actually started to find paid resources like ChatGPT are getting worse, not better. Can't follow instructions, get stuck in loops, are unable to start over, use too much of their own 'creative' license. I created a print and wanted mockup resources and it was something I'd love to replicate across a variety of images. When I asked for 6 individual images it gave them to me as one image. When I asked for it to be broken down into it's component parts it just couldn't handle it. It then gets bored with it's own failure and just gives you the same stuff over and over.
 
I have actually started to find paid resources like ChatGPT are getting worse, not better. Can't follow instructions, get stuck in loops, are unable to start over, use too much of their own 'creative' license. I created a print and wanted mockup resources and it was something I'd love to replicate across a variety of images. When I asked for 6 individual images it gave them to me as one image. When I asked for it to be broken down into it's component parts it just couldn't handle it. It then gets bored with it's own failure and just gives you the same stuff over and over.
Sounds like some of the chat on here.
 
I have actually started to find paid resources like ChatGPT are getting worse, not better. Can't follow instructions, get stuck in loops, are unable to start over, use too much of their own 'creative' license. I created a print and wanted mockup resources and it was something I'd love to replicate across a variety of images. When I asked for 6 individual images it gave them to me as one image. When I asked for it to be broken down into it's component parts it just couldn't handle it. It then gets bored with it's own failure and just gives you the same stuff over and over.

Honestly believe that AI is nowhere near the level that the hype is claiming.
I see a dot Com type crash, the money being pumped in just can't be sustained or recouped.
 
Honestly believe that AI is nowhere near the level that the hype is claiming.
I see a dot Com type crash, the money being pumped in just can't be sustained or recouped.
GenAI is mediocre. Its a '2.2 machine' (as in the university degree grade). It statistically averages its data, so gives average responses

Other AI is more impressive, but GenAI will always be gimmicky (and immoral)
 
GenAI is mediocre. Its a '2.2 machine' (as in the university degree grade). It statistically averages its data, so gives average responses

Other AI is more impressive, but GenAI will always be gimmicky (and immoral)

But what does it actually achieve, how long before people catch on to it's mediocrity and move to the next fad?
The over inflated price for gpu and memory is going to be extremely difficult to recoup.
 
Back