• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone downloading Baldurs Gate 3?

Lilbaz

Tom Huddlestone
Played the first 2, 20 years ago. Thought i'd give the 3rd a go. Looks great.

Tactical and turn based, which would turn some people off.

But omg! I have fibre optic and it's going to take forever. 150gb.

Better be fudgekng worth it. I really want to kill an elf.

15mins on my 1gb connection :)
Now to wait till the lil one has gone to sleep before I get creating my Drow to destroy everything.

Did you play the early access??

Heh, can't for another hour n half or two (that's when he kips), so you'll be enjoying first )

EA was good, I logged 250hrs buggering about with it and the various stages they gave us.
Apparently the final release is huge, so this should be very very enjoyable - tbh they'd have to go a long way backwards to mess up what was provided in EA.

Heh, can't for another hour n half or two (that's when he kips), so you'll be enjoying first )

EA was good, I logged 250hrs buggering about with it and the various stages they gave us.
Apparently the final release is huge, so this should be very very enjoyable - tbh they'd have to go a long way backwards to mess up what was provided in EA.

Looks fantastic. There are changes. They've made it so ability increases are based on class instead of race. Which i can understand. Why not be a halfling barbarian if you want to?

But humans got shafted a bit. Cause they have nothing else. No variant either.

15mins on my 1gb connection :)
Now to wait till the lil one has gone to sleep before I get creating my Drow to destroy everything.

Did you play the early access??

You are going to play it before me. My internet connection (speed) seems ok. But the steam download time has dropped off a cliff.

Maybe so then.
I was on GOG, prefer the drm free style for the games, so likely it isn't being hit as hard as the Steam servers.

Although I have just spent the last 20mins creating my Drow, opening cutscenes are waaay more polished and have a lot more content than before. Very early days, but it is looking very good.

Enjoy your time in the realm :)

Ok had to update windows and my graphic driver. Uninstall some crap anti virus. Finally got it working.

Got totally lost on the ship (am out of my nut). Sure i saw clips where you are on top of the ship, couldn't find how. Killed the big demon thing, but his mates killed me. Thought i'd call it a night.

Lovin it. A game where you can have a brain as a pet. What's not to love?

Hahaha yes, the main entry point has changed so so much from how it was in EA. I was also like wtf, where the hell do I go now.

I was gonna try and get the flaming sword again, but then I saw his stats and decided to run on past - still died in the process lol, he managed to kill the flayer and then hunted me down :D

I thoroughly enjoyed the early access through all its phases, so far what (very little) I have seen the full release is a big improvement on everything we had before.

Not that I put much stock in them, but I guess they give some guidance generally, but Metacritic has it at a 9.3 user score. And a lot of the regular YT channels that cover its genre have been overflowing with praise for it.
It has certainly made me stop Diablo 4 flat in its tracks so I can dedicate some time to BG3 :)

Just need to send the wife n kid away for a week, or three..

Loving the game but omg it is fiddly. The camera. Using some abilities. Even picklocking doors. You don't have to select the disarm trps tool when disarming a trap, why have to select thieves tools to pick a lock? Great weapon master being on for every attack (took me ages to find out how to turn that off). As for assassin? The class has one defining feature that you can't seem to use.

This is at 03:30 in the morning after playing the game for 8 hours straight. So yes little wrangles but still awesome. Just think after 3 years of early access they could have tidied it up a bit.

Ok going from level 4 to 5 is insane. Extra attack, fireball and haste. Those guys you kept getting your arses kicked by, just dissolve.

I'm very jealous.
I spent SO many hours on BG1 and 2 (and custom mods) back as a student/early 20's before I gave up computer games.
If anything could suck me back in, this would be it.

I'm very jealous.
I spent SO many hours on BG1 and 2 (and custom mods) back as a student/early 20's before I gave up computer games.
If anything could suck me back in, this would be it.

It's worth it. Like don't play computer games anymore but had to play this as i was such a fan or the originals. It's worth it. Takes rpgs to another level on what they can do. 120 hours of cutscenes, 17,000 different endings. Very 3 dimensional in gameplay. Utterly addictive. Really loving it.

Oh and also.

Back