• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone been to Brussels?

I'm just in such a bricky place at the moment. My girlfriend was really excited about going on a holiday with her mates and encouraged me to come, I agreed but when she booked the tickets (In January) I was really skint and she's been nagging me for the money ever since, even suggesting that I don't go out with my mates until I pay her back. I've paid her back now but the question that is on my mind is;

Why would you book a holiday for somebody who you know to be skint, if you cannot wait a few weeks for them to pay you back?

So I've gone from not being too bothered at all about going to resenting it and no wanting to go at all. To make matters worse we're going the night before her mates go for a sexy evening in a hotel - at my expense.

It was only a matter of £130 in the first place, and I can easily spend that much on a night in a hotel.

I get she just wanted her money back but she's been a real c*nt about it.

everyone's a bit of a **** sometimes, sometimes they're a bit of **** all the time

in a few months you won't give a brick
it's paid for now - go, drink, see stuff, eat frites and horse burgers and chill out. sometimes just getting away (doesn't matter where) can do you the world of good

Be careful with the local beers. Most of them are of a much higher abv than those you probably drink. 8-12% abv is the norm for their darker beers.

Went with the missus last year, didn't find it that great to be honest. Saw the grand palace and that tinkley statue but didn't seem a huge amount more to see/do though like everywhere you probably just need to know where your going.

Bruges is a great day trip though, lovely place to walk around. Has some nice canals, proper cobbled streets etc. If you go there then check out this restaurant there, massive massive portions.

http://www.devlaamschepot.be/

Also their overground trains are awesome. Can't believe we dont have double decker trains, would have saved so many capacity problems. Obviously cant do it now as we havent built tunnels for the height.

Oh and if you think the tube here is bad then check theirs out, every station stinks of tinkle. They do have one awesome feature though, on the line maps they have lights that move along it showing exactly where the train is.

My girlfriend has booked us a trip to Brussels in a couple of weeks,

I've never been to Brussels before and don't know why I would want to go. I understand there's good food and beer to be had, but there's good food and beer in the UK as well (probably easier to find the good beer in Brussels though)

So what else does Brussels offer? I just want to feel a little bit excited at least.

I went for a long weekend in May 2009 and thought it was decent enough. Manneken Pis is worth seeing as mentioned! The Grand Platz is quite a nice sight with the Guildhalls and the atomium is worth seeing even if inside it is a bit random.

The weather should be reasonable, it was quite warm when I went but that was slightly later in the year. Sitting outside a bar with a nice beer is lovely over there. Chocolate is a must - the grandiose way of having shops for chocolate that are like a branch of Swarovski is quite bizarre - Bouncers at the doors and Chocolate under glass displays! Bizarre but pretty cool as well.

All in all, tidy city and worth visiting for a few days but I would imagine you will have no real desire to return if you do all the little bits that a tourist might want to do.

the whole city should be burnt to the ground when all the politicans are in it

honestly everyone raving about germany these days and i agree i loe the place but steer clear of Berlin and go to Hamburg that city is fudging awesome and i love it there, some serious head fudging went on the 2 times i been there, it is a city that destroys your soul and everything i have ever thought about the world and both times i left i thought i was dying but is also the most life affirming time of my life. You get to see death stare it in the face and say fudge you i aint scared hit me up some more and you leave knowing that the is nothing that can scare you.

Spend a couple of days in the docks in Hamburg guys best weekend you will ever have.

Just got back, had much more fun than I expected.

The apartment we were staying in was about 10 mins walk from a brilliant bar called Moeder Lambic which has a massive beer list which we did our best to work through.

Didn't go to the Delirium Cafe but went to another Delirium branded bar just next to it which was fun.

Went to a restaurant called Amadeus which did all you can eat ribs, seriously tasty and actually rather cheap.

Found a pub to watch the Belgium game as well, no idea what it was called but you'd think they'd just won the world cup rather than beaten Macedonia.

Hotel I stayed in for the first night was called Be Manos, really liked it.

Back