• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All time Spurs 5 a side team?

Been a Spurs fan for about 30 years so here's my team over that time.

Gomes
Ruddock
Bale
Gascoigne
Sheringham

Five aside is about quick feet, smart wall passing. Not so worried about pace as there isn't anywhere to go but Bales feet and brain are good enough to warrant his place. Plus he could play anywhere.

Would consider Corluka as the defender...always felt he was a liability but would be perfect for this sort of game. Razor would be the aggression you need to scare off the opponents, it's not just the ball you send off the wall ;)

I'm assuming these guys are in the prime of their Tottenham careers too, so it's a no brainer to have the keeper who has the best shot stopping but also a damn good throw.

See, with give a side, I'm not convinced that you need an out and out striker. Bale would be perfect due to his pace, fitness and ability to finish. Having a 'Lineker' is a waste in 5-a-side as they'd be out of the game too often when the side didn't have the ball, or even during some of the attacking play.

My team would be:

Thorstvedt
King
Gascoigne
Modric
Bale

And that team is reflective of my time supporting the team. I can't honestly say just how good the likes of Hoddle were for us.

When I started supporting our team, it was the 1990/91 season, so Waddle and Hoddle were long gone. :(

Robinson
Carrick
Ardilles
Gascoigne
Hoddle

For me Bale needs space to do his thing, confining him to a 5 a side pitch would be a waste - you don't really need a proper forward either or defender for that matter.

So a good shot stopping keeper with a powerful strike to chip in with the odd goal. A defense minded midfielder who can intercept the ball and puck out team mates, a small tricky skillfull player to run rings round the opposition

Gazza for the bantz and Hoddle cos he's Hoddle

-----------------------jennings
-----------------------king
------------hoddle-----------gazza
----------------------greaves

End of thread.

I like this team but a sixties team which would be better would be:
Jennings
Mackay
White Jones
Greaves
Sub Blanchflower

The best players when we had a televised 5 a side league contained:

Parks
King
Hoddle Hazard
Waddle
Sub Gazza

Hazard used to win player of tournament.

Anyone remember those soccer six tournaments? Moran was one who looked good for us for sure. It was when I first noticed Ruel Fox (then Norwich) and Paul Merson. Both were awesome in that arena. Also went to see some Masters in about 2001, just after we nabbed Hoddle as manager. He came on as sub against Saints, Jimmy Case booted him in the air then just ran off the pitch, claiming his deafness meant he could t hear the ref!!!

Basing a current Spurs team on Fox, I'd go with Lloris, Rose, Dembele, Lennon, Lamela. Bring back Defoe and I think it would be as good as any classic Spurs XI!

I think this has been my favourite thread on here lately, would love to see these teams play.

Yeah agreed.

Made we wonder about what current PL 5 a sides would look like. If you could some how force clubs to field them it would be an amazing competition and one you could export like the "game 39" idea

Lloris
King
Modric
Gazza
Berbatov

You don't really need any defenders in a 5 a side, do you? ;)

Back