• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ain't time we grew up

K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Paul Walsh
I was pleased to see a few people complaining about the signing of "stand up if you hate arsenal". This really makes us look petty, I'd rather we sang about our team or players.

For what it's worth, I was at the game yesterday and I only recall it being sung once. I'm no fan of the ditty, but a single rendition isn't the worse thing in the world. I'm pretty sure the 'hate Tottenham' version is aired more frequently at both, the Emirates and Stamford Bridge.

This. It's more about standing than about Arsenal.

made me cringe when it was the very first song yesterday. The problem is, everyone joins in because they a) hate Arsenal and b) people might think they dont if they stay sitting. I would much rather hear pro Tottenham songs and its just as easy to sing STand up if you love Tottenham if your only angle is to tinkle off the stewards..

made me cringe when it was the very first song yesterday. The problem is, everyone joins in because they a) hate Arsenal and b) people might think they dont if they stay sitting. I would much rather hear pro Tottenham songs and its just as easy to sing STand up if you love Tottenham if your only angle is to tinkle off the stewards..[/QUOTE]

This.

I don't get the problem, you do know we have a rivalry with Arsenal right? Do you have a problem with Are you watching arsenal or are you arsenal in disguise as well? If we stop singing stuff about them then kids that go to the games wont grow up feeling the same dislike for that horrible lot up the road that we do, then where would we be, our kids would be in the pub in 20 years time genuinely disappointed that our neighbours didn't win the cup final or something.

I'm more than happy singing songs about them, songs about our own players or about Spurs in general, I don't like the Yid chants as I don't think it's relevant these days but other than that I'll sing anything that gets a bit of atmosphere going.

I think you're right, we should grow up, stop analysing and worrying about what songs are sung and just enjoy the games.

COYS!

Anyone who has been in the Park Lane knows that it always begins the minute the stewards have got EVERYBODY sat down! It's a ruse I tells ya! Mind you, stand up if you love Tottenham always gets a lukewarm response so go figure!

That's ok then, taking the p*** out of blokes probably on minimum wage, who are just trying to do the job they've been given. That really makes our fans look good.

That's ok then, taking the p*** out of blokes probably on minimum wage, who are just trying to do the job they've been given. That really makes our fans look good.
The stewards know the game, as long as they are seen to tell us to sit down every now and again they've done their job. There is a tacit acceptance that fans stand up at numerous points during the match, they are mostly fans as well and know the drill. If you were a steward would you cry yourself to sleep over it?

Back