• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A question for our American cousins

parklane1

Vic Buckingham
Firstly Mods i am sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place, please move if i have.

The question is as follows, i know they are a few on here who live in New York ( i hope). I have just been talking to my daughter and she has told me her old man is taking her for a 4 day break in the Big apple as a early Xmas present - Dec 4th to Dec 8th. Now as well as being a massive Spurs fan she is also into Basketball and she would like to see a game while she is there, she has had a look and it turns out the Knicks are at home on both the 4th and the 7th of Dec.

Now i know nothing about basketball so not sure where the best place is to obtain tickets to the games, however she says they are sold out for both the games so the question is where can she get some tickets from, is there any agencys that sell these tickets? And if so how expensive can they be ( for Knicks tickets) and what are her chances of getting any.

Thank's in advance and once again if i posted this in the wrong place Mods then i'm sorry.

Firstly Mods i am sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place, please move if i have.

The question is as follows, i know they are a few on here who live in New York ( i hope). I have just been talking to my daughter and she has told me her old man is taking her for a 4 day break in the Big apple as a early Xmas present - Dec 4th to Dec 8th. Now as well as being a massive Spurs fan she is also into Basketball and she would like to see a game while she is there, she has had a look and it turns out the Knicks are at home on both the 4th and the 7th of Dec.

Now i know nothing about basketball so not sure where the best place is to obtain tickets to the games, however she says they are sold out for both the games so the question is where can she get some tickets from, is there any agencys that sell these tickets? And if so how expensive can they be ( for Knicks tickets) and what are her chances of getting any.

Thank's in advance and once again if i posted this in the wrong place Mods then i'm sorry.
I would imagine stubhub would be your friend here mate. They seem to have tickets for most of the big US sports.

I've bought Knicks tickets a few times from Stubhub without any problems. Price will depend on who they're playing.

I've bought Knicks tickets a few times from Stubhub without any problems. Price will depend on who they're playing.

Firstly thank's.

I have just looked on Stubhub and they have tickets for both games ranging from 67 bucks against Sacramento and 185 for Cleveland. I will forward her the information and she can go from there.

Stubhub or Seatgeek are both good options. I actually prefer SeatGeek. Less hidden fees and such.

Also, if you aren't familiar with basketball, think of Sacramento as recent Portsmouth or Blackburn Rovers. Easily the worst run team in the NBA over the last ten years. If we had relegation here, they'd be somewhere at the Conference at this point haha. The Cavs are basically Man United. The Sacramento tickets will be much cheaper, but there will be no atmosphere or excitement at that game, whereas the Cavs game should be decent. You'll be able to get a much better ticket to the Sacramento game, but if you don't care too much about being close, the Cavs might be a better bet.

Stubhub or Seatgeek are both good options. I actually prefer SeatGeek. Less hidden fees and such.

Also, if you aren't familiar with basketball, think of Sacramento as recent Portsmouth or Blackburn Rovers. Easily the worst run team in the NBA over the last ten years. If we had relegation here, they'd be somewhere at the Conference at this point haha. The Cavs are basically Man United. The Sacramento tickets will be much cheaper, but there will be no atmosphere or excitement at that game, whereas the Cavs game should be decent. You'll be able to get a much better ticket to the Sacramento game, but if you don't care too much about being close, the Cavs might be a better bet.

Thank's for that, i wondered why there was so much difference in the ticket prices.

Honestly, give the Sacra-tomato game your best efforts. What it might lack in atmosphere, it will more than make up for in terms of price and ease of obtaining tickets. The Knicks were no great shakes last season, but they've added name players in Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah (son of former tennis star Yannick).

Cleveland won the NBA title last year and, with LeBron James leading the way, they are one of the hottest tickets now in Norfa Merican sports.

Neither game shapes up as a classic, so plan accordingly. If you're OK to splash big bucks, go for the Cleveland game. You'll have plenty of competition. LeBron is an absolute beast when he gets motivated and NY is a real basketball hot bed. But if you just want to experience a game day situation and see how lithe and agile and combative these big men can be, the Sacra-tomato game will do just fine.

I go to Raptors games here in Toronto and unless I'm getting great seats at face value - still bloody expensive - I prefer to take the cheaper-cost games and save my money for other things.

Back