• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A bit of faith restored

Essex Yid

Bobby Zamora
Well believe it or not... I actually quite enjoyed that Maribor game!

Was good to see some attacking, free-flowing football in an attacking formation. They may not have been the strongest opposition, but we looked good in patches. It was especially nice to see Tom Carroll have such a good game, I think he's a bright prospect for the future.

It was the first Europa League game I've actually enjoyed for ages. The likes of Panithinaikos and Maribor away were, lets face it, a bit of a chore to watch, and this game reminded me of the UEFA Cup games of old that actually meant something to us.

Finally, it sounded like a good atmosphere at the Lane, which can only be positive. I'd be interested to hear from the likes of Park Lane James etc who are involved in the 1882 movement about how much of the noise came from that block and how much spread to other areas of the ground. It sounded like a success on the TV, so congratulations are in order.

Maybe football isn't completely doomed yet.

So it was "only" Maribor. Fact is that the players, the manager, the fans all needed a good performance and we were terrific, however poor they were.
Important win to restore confidence. Great for Carroll, super little player, good to see Ade back and Bale given room once more!

Of course my reply was slightly tounge in cheek. There is nothing I would like more then to see that peformance give us a boost and play realy well on sunday, but I do fear it will be same old, same old come the final whistle.

Of course my reply was slightly tounge in cheek. There is nothing I would like more then to see that peformance give us a boost and play realy well on sunday, but I do fear it will be same old, same old come the final whistle.

So a good away performance then?

That's how it seems to go.

Back