• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

#10s

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
So if a change in formation is imminent, this is the position we are suddenly struggling in.

There are options - Kane there with Richarlison at 9, Kulusevski there with Gil on the right, or maybe even recall Lo Celso.

What about transfer options though - if we redirect the RWB fund to this position?

I really liked Mohammed Kudus at the WC

If Zaniolo is on his way in then he gives us the option of going to 4-2-3-1 if a new manager comes in and wants to change in that direction immediately

--Royal-----Romero---Lenglet----Davies---

----------Sarr----------Benatancur-----------

--Kulu----------Zaniolo---------Richie/Son----

----------------Kane/Richarlison-----------------

If Zaniolo is on his way in then he gives us the option of going to 4-2-3-1 if a new manager comes in and wants to change in that direction immediately

--Royal-----Romero---Lenglet----Davies---

----------Sarr----------Benatancur-----------

--Kulu----------Zaniolo---------Richie/Son----

----------------Kane/Richarlison-----------------

Can Zaniolo pass well enough for that? Might it not primarily be him on the right and Kula as the 10?

Looking at my 4-2-3-1 above, it looks so much more solid (aside from missing a keeper!) than our current formation. Our lack of even passable wing backs is killing us

Looking at my 4-2-3-1 above, it looks so much more solid (aside from missing a keeper!) than our current formation. Our lack of even passable wing backs is killing us

I think even going with Spence and Regulion/Udogie at FBs works if you improve Lenglet, and maybe go with the slightly more defensive Bissouma or Skipp instead of Sarr. That third body in CM makes such a difference to the stability of the unit.

IMO
We’re two players away from being very very good again
A keeper and a quality CB
But I don’t see either happening this window
I think buying a Porro and Zanolio just adds strength and depth which is always a good thing
I believe we can get the CB and keeper in the summer
Porro could play right side of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 IMO. Zanilio can play in several positions there
What we need is another Romero level left side CB and a Hugo of old level keeper
That would elevate us massively IMO
The issue then is Kane and what happens with him

IMO
I think buying a Porro and Zanolio just adds strength and depth which is always a good thing
Porro could play right side of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 IMO. Zanilio can play in several positions there
What we need is another Romero level left side CB and a Hugo of old level keeper

Yes, agree. Porro and Zaniolo give us options in terms of personnel and formation, but also plenty of scope to still improve

We have Richarlison now so less vulnerable to Kane leaving, though would then need to sign another CF if he does go

Yes, agree. Porro and Zaniolo give us options in terms of personnel and formation, but also plenty of scope to still improve

We have Richarlison now so less vulnerable to Kane leaving, though would then need to sign another CF if he does go
And we would only sell Kane for big money
There has always been talk that the CB and keeper are in the plans for the summer
That aligns to how I’m thinking (maybe I’m brain washed)
Again I’m worryingly writing this and thinking positively

Richarlison is several levels below Kane unfortunately.

Just a bit
But we over rely on Kane too.
It’s possible to replace his goals and creativity with a better team of players but it would need to be shared
That doesn’t hide the fact he is the best player I’ve seen for us
Problem is I don’t see us bringing in multiple good players when he is sold.

IMO
You really think its just the CB and the GK that is the issue?

You really think its just the CB and the GK that is the issue?
Yeah I do
We’re aground goals and creating chances
We have a keeper on horrendous form right now which is toxic for the team
Fix that and get a better CB in front and you can take away about 70% of our problems
It’s literally what pool did
We are the only side other then united who have stuck with the same keeper and his age is now against him
Other areas are always upgradeable but we have to fix the problem areas before upgrading

we sign a Romero level left CB and a keeper who can kick and not throw it in his net we would keep the ball better too

Back