• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

If you want him or don’t the issues why we struggle to sign players is there

His asking price has been 75 million all summer (as with Toby) and we haven’t come close to offering.

Why would they suddenly change the asking fee?

I would not expect them to change the fee. I would expect us to live within our means. 75m for one player for a club in our position is to much of a gamble.

I like him I would pay 25m max but like in life if you can't afford something and can't get the price down then move on.

If you want him or don’t the issues why we struggle to sign players is there

His asking price has been 75 million all summer (as with Toby) and we haven’t come close to offering.

Why would they suddenly change the asking fee?

I think theres a few factors.

Firstly, its the nature of negotiation. You say you want £75m, really youll probably have a price under that that gets it done. Ill say Ill offer £40m + add ons, and we stand off.

Then you get the idea of the player agitating, it can make these things move again (sometimes the selling club needs it to justify the sale to the fans)

And of course the time pressure of the window - maybe it makes us up our offer. Maybe their spending has gone up and they actually need a sale now to balance the books...

For what its worth, you also end up in that situation of "Ill pay the £75m, but in 1000 monthly installments...." whereby the price is effectively agreed but the structure of payment then needs to be sorted...

There is so much going on with any deal, so many factors, I can well understand why they drag out.

We're well stocked in this position after signing Moura and Lamela signing a new contract. If Zaha's valued at 70m+ there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of Levy being interested.

I have a hunch we are going to. are a late late run at him...we shall see...

Said it in the wrong thread, but Palace are linked with, and signing a lot of wingers. What is Zaha’s contract situation? Is it 2 years? I wouldn’t be surprised if they were happy to deal. He would solve a home grown spot. Poch has seemingly wanted him for years.

Toby out and De Ligt, Grealish and Zaha in would be an epic end to the window. We then might be able to claw some money back with the sales of Dembele and Janssen abroad. It would require Winks and Wanyama getting over their injuries and Onomah stepping up, but if they did we’d have a deep squad that could play 4231, 433 and 343 all at will.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were happy to deal.

Toby out and De Ligt, Grealish and Zaha in would be an epic end to the window. It would require Winks and Wanyama getting over their injuries and Onomah stepping up, but if they did we’d have a deep squad that could play 4231, 433 and 343 all at will.

To say nuffink of a false Forfar Front Five with an overlapping East Fife Back Four.

Said it in the wrong thread, but Palace are linked with, and signing a lot of wingers. What is Zaha’s contract situation? Is it 2 years? I wouldn’t be surprised if they were happy to deal. He would solve a home grown spot. Poch has seemingly wanted him for years.

Toby out and De Ligt, Grealish and Zaha in would be an epic end to the window. We then might be able to claw some money back with the sales of Dembele and Janssen abroad. It would require Winks and Wanyama getting over their injuries and Onomah stepping up, but if they did we’d have a deep squad that could play 4231, 433 and 343 all at will.

4 years....

Back