• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

I think that it is pretty distasteful that people are even speculating about Bissouma when he has a sexual assault charge hanging over him.

You’re not a fan of our jurisprudence? The principle of innocence until proven guilty.

Last edited:
I think that it is pretty distasteful that people are even speculating about Bissouma when he has a sexual assault charge hanging over him.

Are you at all familiar with the National Football League? In America?

Bissouma's business wouldn't make the top 20 for player malfeasance or miscreancy. No matter what the allegations are, or even if it's gone sub judice, fans and media speculate avidly and clubs put wheels in motion. Hard to believe it would be much different in England.

I think a few have caveated the accusations.

If he is found guilty, he’ll be in prison anyway, so the discussion of his football future can only be hypothesised on exoneration.

The thread also seems to have moved onto alternatives anyway, perhaps these posts could be moved to the general transfer chat and this be locked whilst the legal case continues.

@SpurMeUp makes a valid point too

Last edited:

If he is found guilty, he’ll be in prison anyway, so the discussion of his football future can only be hypothesised on exoneration.

The thread also seems to have moved onto alternatives anyway, perhaps these posts could be moved to the general transfer chat and this be locked whilst the legal case continues.

Tbh i'm not sure how serious the charges are. Is he looking a gaol time?

And yet the story is out there. The world is full of far more distasteful things, that people discuss with relish.

I agree. Been in two minds about posting in this thread for this reason and not been clear enough.

Should only consider signing him if those of he's found not guilty or the charges are dropped. For many reasons.

You’re not a fan our jurisprudence? The principle of innocence until proven guilty.

I am not saying whether he is guilty or not but I am saying that we shouldn't (and I don't believe we would) touch him until that is clear. Regardless of the morals, it would be a huge financial risk signing a player who could end up in prison.

@SpurMeUp makes a valid point too

No smoke without fire. Or innocent until proven otherwise? You can make a case for both approaches. But ultimately you have to go with the latter. Imagine if you were falsely accused. Has Bissouma been charged? The alleged offense took place last year, maybe it is our under-resourced police force taking time to charge him, or maybe the case is to be proven. If it was cut and dry and he was clearly guilty you would imagine he would have been charged and a court date set by now? I don't know exactly how these things work, maybe others do...?

You said he had a charge hanging over him. Just curious if he was actually charged?

It is a really difficult one morally. If you'd been caught up in something without having assaulted anyone, and your work prospects were being harmed and name sullied when actually you were innocent, would that be fair? Of course, the club should take an ultra-cautious approach, and not invest millions without ensuring its investment is clear. That is a given. But to say we should not even talk about the player on a message board when we don't know the truth or detail, to me is 'distasteful' against our legal philosophy.

Last edited:
You said he had a charge hanging over him. Just curious if he was actually changed?

It is a really difficult one morally. If you'd been caught up in something without having assaulted anyone, and your work prospects were being harmed and name sullied, when actually you were innocent, would that be fair? Of course, the club should take an ultra-cautious approach, and not invest millions without ensuring its investment is clear. That is a given. But to say we should not even talk about the player on a message board when we don't know the truth or detail, to me is 'distasteful' against our legal philosophy.

Milo will obviously answer for himself.

Speaking for myself, as someone who agrees with milo on this (to some extent at least) what I find distasteful is speculation without acknowledgement of the charge. If the conversation goes on as it would have there wasn't this accusation, investigation and charge.

I think I've been guilty of that myself and I'm glad milo brought it up.

That's not to say every poster or every post/page has to include that, but I til a greater acknowledgement of it is in order.

I also think there should be a conversation about if we'd want a moral stance on these things from the club. (going beyond the financial risk, which is obviously also a factor).

You said he had a charge hanging over him. Just curious if he was actually changed?

It is a really difficult one morally. If you'd been caught up in something without having assaulted anyone, and your work prospects were being harmed and name sullied, when actually you were innocent, would that be fair? Of course, the club should take an ultra-cautious approach, and not invest millions without ensuring its investment is clear. That is a given. But to say we should not even talk about the player on a message board when we don't know the truth or detail, to me is 'distasteful' against our legal philosophy.

I don't believe that he has been charged yet. He was arrested for sexual assault, along with another man, and the deadlines keep getting pushed back to allow the police more time to investigate.

Personally speaking, I don't think that the club should consider signing anyone who has been arrested for a violent, sexual or hate crime unless the charges are dropped or they are found not guilty. I think that doing so undermines the valuable work the club does on racial, sexuality and sexual equality.

For me that is a moral decision but for the club, I also think that you can make a financial case that signing someone who could go to prison is a financial risk not worth taking.

I don't believe that he has been charged yet. He was arrested for sexual assault, along with another man, and the deadlines keep getting pushed back to allow the police more time to investigate.

Personally speaking, I don't think that the club should consider signing anyone who has been arrested for a violent, sexual or hate crime unless the charges are dropped or they are found not guilty. I think that doing so undermines the valuable work the club does on racial, sexuality and sexual equality.

For me that is a moral decision but for the club, I also think that you can make a financial case that signing someone who could go to prison is a financial risk not worth taking.

That is a completely uninformed position, however. You've falsely said someone has been charged for sexual assault. When they haven't been. You've also made a pre-judgment about them. What is another word for a pre-judgment? A prejudiced judgment. I just hope you are never in such a position where others condemn you without fairness or an open hearing.

Milo will obviously answer for himself.

Speaking for myself, as someone who agrees with milo on this (to some extent at least) what I find distasteful is speculation without acknowledgement of the charge. If the conversation goes on as it would have there wasn't this accusation, investigation and charge.

I think I've been guilty of that myself and I'm glad milo brought it up.

That's not to say every poster or every post/page has to include that, but I til a greater acknowledgement of it is in order.

I also think there should be a conversation about if we'd want a moral stance on these things from the club. (going beyond the financial risk, which is obviously also a factor).

We should acknowledge a charge that doesn't actually exist?

Perhaps it would be better termed as he is facing a police investigation following an accusation of assault.
The alleged victim has made a charge (accusation) against him, but there is as yet no formal police charge.

Back