• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yarmolenko

Yeah i am serious, we beat and drew with Ar5ena1 last season but we are not on the same level as them.

So do you think any player linked with us or any player we sign is not an Arsenal level player?

I didn't say that.

That's the impression I got from this post tbh
He wanted to go to Stoke? and we want him? a Stoke standard player?

How is that different from what I posted above?

You're implying he's a Stoke standard player because he wanted to join them and that a Stoke standard player isn't good enough for us - no difference to a side better than us applying the same logic to any of our signings or potential signings imv

Last edited:
So we need to find players who are above Stoke standard but not good enough to play for Arsenal then!

Lots of ambition from our faithful fans as always, accept our place and be happy with it attitude!

I actually believe there is a standard of player between the teams lesser than us and the teams above us. There are players which may not be of the quality of the top 4 but are too good for the likes of Stoke, Southampton etc. I think ourselves and Liverpool (even though their fans still believe they are elite) are in our own tier in the premier league. I'm not saying we should not sign anyone that Stoke, Southampton etc are after as most of the gems come from these sides taking a gamble, i just feel there are players out there above that level that we could possibly get.

The likes of Draxler, Bender, Pjanic etc.

Stoke fans seem to have reached the conclusion that our interest was only a ploy by Dynamo to make them up their bid.

Does anyone think we were really in for him? Is he just using us (again)? Would love to know if there is a genuine interest. I much prefer it when there is no build up to a transfer and it just happens

Does anyone think we were really in for him? Is he just using us (again)? Would love to know if there is a genuine interest. I much prefer it when there is no build up to a transfer and it just happens

I think this has all the hallmarks of an agent-driven story.

Everything else suggests we are looking at two LWFs/CFs, not a right winger at all.

He also looks a bit too much like a classic sexy player rather than a Poch player.

I'm sure he'll sign for Stoke any day now.

Everything else suggests we are looking at two LWFs/CFs, not a right winger at all.

He also looks a bit too much like a classic sexy player rather than a Poch player.

I like classic spurs players. Worth the entrance fee alone. Seeing that magic at the Lane is part of the reason we are all here!

While it seems we are indeed looking for a LWF and CF, I think it would be a shame to miss out on an opportunity to bring in a very good right sided wing forward Yarmolenko. He has lots of quality and we could bring him in and then try to sell Lamela before he has his 3rd awful season in a row putting off even the few Italian clubs that still might want to pay a reasonable fee for him.

Your general point might be correct, but it wasn't agent driven. He himself said we were in for him...

I like classic spurs players. Worth the entrance fee alone. Seeing that magic at the Lane is part of the reason we are all here!

Classic sexy, not classic spurs.

Rebrov, Acimovic, Dumitrescu, Bunjevcevic, Chiriches, Postiga or Dominguez. Maybe Soldado and Lamela too.

Beautifully technical players who are just a million miles off the pace and power of the EPL.

Your general point might be correct, but it wasn't agent driven. He himself said we were in for him...

Same difference. Lots of random players declare they are signing for us as part of their bartering with another club.

Remember Antonio Pedroza from 2011? Said almost word-for-word what Yarmalenko has and then signed for Palace (who he'd been negotiating with all summer) a few days later: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2034681/Antonio-Pedroza-joins-Crystal-Palace-instead-Tottenham.html

Classic sexy, not classic spurs.

Rebrov, Acimovic, Dumitrescu, Bunjevcevic, Chiriches, Postiga or Dominguez. Maybe Soldado and Lamela too.

Beautifully technical players who are just a million miles off the pace and power of the EPL.

So you think that Yarmolenko is million miles off the pace and power of the EPL?

I'm also not quite sure how you can class Lamela as a beautifully technical player - his technique is absolutely abysmal.

Club now accept selling star to Stoke is 'best option', Tottenham out of it

It looks like Andrey Yarmolenko's ultimatum to Dynamo Kiev has done the trick. Stoke City had made a bid for the 25 year old but Dynamo's president had dismissed the chance of a transfer, saying that Stoke City weren't a good enough destination.

It was unnecessary public and insulting toward Stoke City but seemed to be more like a father judging his only daughter's potential boyfriend candidates, it was hard for any club to be considered good enough. Dynamo adore Yarmolenko and so it's upsetting for the club that now the time comes for him to leave it may not be to the level of club they hoped for.

Yarmolenko is rated incredibly highly in Ukraine, and clubs of the stature of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United were considered more of the correct level. There's probably a huge bias going on but as well as it being annoying for Stoke, it's a little endearing too.

Obozrevatel in Ukraine report that Dynamo now see the Stoke offer as their best option and actively want to sell this transfer window, because they know that come the winter the player's value will have dropped ahead of a potential free transfer next summer.

There's no mention of Tottenham Hotspur any longer and it could be their alleged interest was a ruse to try and get more money out of Stoke or flush interest out from elsewhere.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...ing-star-to-stoke-is-best-option-tottenham-ou

I will be very very angry if he goes to Stoke. Clearly a vastly superior player to our current wide options and I don't see many other realistic targets with as much potential as he has.

Back