1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Yannick Bolasie

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by diego_maradona, 24 Aug 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pandy

Pandy Ramon Vega

You're right. I just think that by virtue of being able to beat players more easily, he would offer more than Townsend.

Not that that is enough to sign him.

2. Raziel

Raziel Pedro Mendes

I think he's much more involved in games than Townsend

Our big challenge last season was Chadli/Townsend/Lamela all go missing for large parts of games, its like constantly playing with 10 men.

Chadli keeps his place because of his goals, replacing the other two with someone who actually shows up for 90 mins, harasses the opposition and occasionally contributes probably would be a significant upgrade.

3. Pandy

Pandy Ramon Vega

If we are going to bin Townsend and Lamela this window, I would be happy with signing Bolasie.

If not, Berahino offers more than any of the above players and is seemingly coming regardless of our outgoings.

4. Bullet

Bullet Cecil Poynton

I would rather play Danny Rose or Kieran Trippier out wide and save £20m plus £Xm salary

Gazzasrightboot likes this.
  5. Raziel

Raziel Pedro Mendes

What would you do with the £20m (not that we will spend anything near that)? it doesn't help us win games in the bank

6. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

Agree on both counts

7. Gazzasrightboot

Gazzasrightboot Pascal Chimbonda

It may do in the future if it could be better spent on another. I don't see the point in buying a player that is not that much better than what we currently have for a large transfer fee. If we were going to spend £20m I'd rather it be on someone that would substantially improve the squad rather than marginally.

parklane1, jimmyb and Bullet like this.
  8. Raziel

Raziel Pedro Mendes

What future? next summer? honestly on paper Bolasie doesn't look like an upgrade, vs. Townsend/Lamela I'm quite sure he is.

IF we paid 18M (not even 20M) its likely to be with all kinds of flimflam clauses about goals/CL qualification/cup win/etc.

If we bought the guy and he managed to earn his spot and justify it (something neither Lamela or Townsend can do), it would like mean we are a few points better off, which justifies the spend.

9. billyiddo

I think the crux is that plenty don't think he'd do that as they don't think he's a very good player...

Baleforce likes this.
  10. Roy1983

Roy1983 Edward Sheringham

Bolasie and Berahino fudging hell champions league here we come!!

Said no one ever.

NickTB likes this.
  11. Gazzasrightboot

Gazzasrightboot Pascal Chimbonda

I really don't see it that way. If we're going for marginal improvement only then there's better value elsewhere. Deulofeu went for £4.3m. Inler £5.5m (I know they are not similar players). Memphis was £25m. A lot of people say Townsend is brick and are prepared to sell him for £10-15m. Is Bolasie's marginal, and in my mind spurious, improvement worth the extra? I don't think so.

Bullet likes this.
  12. Raziel

Raziel Pedro Mendes

That's fine .. my point is a player that would put a shift in, is better than no option.

If we have another option, go ahead, but another season with a stupid weak right side is not a good plan

13. billyiddo

What do you mean by put a shift in?

14. Raziel

Raziel Pedro Mendes

Make it seem we have 11 players on the pitch for 90 mins?

15. billyiddo

Well if the argument is that he doesn't contribute any more than Townsend then im not sure he would be that man tbh - and if that's all you want from 20m+ then im glad you aren't in charge of player recruitment! ;)

Gazzasrightboot and jimmyb like this.
  16. Modrical

Modrical Phil Gray

I'm definitely in the minority here, but i'd like us to sign Bolasie, just not for £20m, i'd go up to £10m for him and chuck in Townsend. The guy is a maverick for sure, but i think one of his best traits is he isn't scared to get on the ball, doesn't shy away from it if he messes up and continues to look to be involved. In a similar way to Defoe when he missed a decent chance and would just think i'll score the next one, Bolasie doesn't really get fazed in my opinion and would provide a different option to our midfield/attackers

Of course he would need to improve his all round game and be more consistent with his end product (what attainable winger doesn't?!), but he would be a risk worth taking for me

17. AdamB

AdamB Nayim

I'm not advocating signing Bolasie however 'just' being able to beat players?!?!?

We're crying out for one of the three players who play behind Kane to be able to beat their man, whether by pace or skill!!!

18. billyiddo

No use beating a man then doing nothing with the ball - he doesn't score many or assist/create or have a good pass completition rate, this would suggest that once he beats his man he isn't good enough to do anything of note after.

So whilst you're correct that we need a player capable of beating opposition with the ball what we also need is to for him to be productive (in terms of goals/creativity)

As an example from the little i have seen of Yarmalenko it seems he is able to combine all three of those attributes, beats his man then sets up goals or scores them himself

19. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

I do not rate Townsend but I would rather we stuck with him then spend 20 mill on Bolasie.

Gazzasrightboot and jimmyb like this.
  20. Nigeyman

Nigeyman Jermaine Jenas

What do you think this is fking hide and seek
    Nonsense man....what your suggesting is a sensible transfer strategy!

In all seriousness I like Bolasie but we have more pressing needs....and poch likes to press.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.