• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wout Weghorst

Trnsfrmrkt has him pegged at $33m.

No idea how that translates to the British peso, but a good starting point for Levy to haggle.

Does he know any good defenders?

He might be able to be effective, but do you see Weghorst being good enough to be the starting CF for a team in the top 4?
I’d have him in the city team (their seriously lacking a focal point)
He could get 20 goals a season here which would be good enough for any side TBF
What he hasn’t got is CL experience which means he isn’t as well known
He would be great for Chelsea too
He is better in front of goal than their strikers

Interesting watching him play for Holland
They don’t play it quickly for him

Its an average (very average) dutch team, however its not veyr mobile at all so, to your point, you need others to play to his stregnths and kind of build the team around him. I dont tihnk he's good enough for that

Its an average (very average) dutch team, however its not veyr mobile at all so, to your point, you need others to play to his stregnths and kind of build the team around him. I dont tihnk he's good enough for that
he is really mobile but you ain’t gonna see it playing for a team who just keep the ball constantly like Holland do
His work rate in Germany is so well regarded

Maybe our difference of view of his is based on expectation of what role he'd have at Spurs?

- If you're thinking of him as Kane's back-up, then agree that he'd be a better option than Vinicius and, as long as he wasnt more than say £20m-£25m, then I think its a feasible deal (he's 29 this summer after all, so we wont pay a huge fee for him)

- If however you're expecting Kane to leave and WW to replace him (which is where I was coming from) then I dont see it....

Maybe our difference of view of his is based on expectation of what role he'd have at Spurs?

- If you're thinking of him as Kane's back-up, then agree that he'd be a better option than Vinicius and, as long as he wasnt more than say £20m-£25m, then I think its a feasible deal (he's 29 this summer after all, so we wont pay a huge fee for him)

- If however you're expecting Kane to leave and WW to replace him (which is where I was coming from) then I dont see it....
We would only sign him if Kane leaves IMO and we would buy 2 strikers in that case IMO
We ain’t getting a guy with a better record or work rate joining us in our current state
But I don’t think Kane is leaving

And weghorst is a 29 year old we haven't really either.

They both fit the profile though of short term Kane fix for a 12-18 months while a much higher ceiling young player settles/develops
True
I’d go for the younger one who has played abroad before myself

Talking "big lad up front who scored tonight", Yaremchuk is only 25 and looked a similar level to Weghorst imo.

Back