• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group D (Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria)

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Argentina:

Coach: Jorge Sampaoli

DdLDCWvXkAIFCxS.jpg

Iceland:

Coach: Heimir Hallgrimson

FINAL 23-MAN SQUAD

Hannes Thor Halldorsson, Runar Alex Runarsson, Frederik Schram; Kari Arnason, Ari Freyr Skulason, Birkir Mar Saevarsson, Sverrir Ingi Ingason, Hordur Magnusson, Holmar Orn Eyjolfsson, Ragnar Sigurdsson; Johann Berg Gudmundsson, Birkir Bjarnason, Arnor Ingvi Traustason, Emil Hallfredsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Olafur Ingi Skulason, Rurik Gislason, Samuel Fridjonsson, Aron Gunnarsson; Alfred Finnbogason, Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Albert Gudmundsson

Croatia:

Coach: Zlatko Dalic

DdKQPgsXcAAf32F.jpg

Nigeria:

Coach: Gernot Rohr

DdKotUOX4AAMoMq.jpg

Messi is going to do some golden boot damage to those guys. It's not a walkover because Iceland can compete, and Croatia are largely a quality starting eleven. You never know with African teams in the World Cup as Italy 90 proved.

Probably one of the strongest groups.

Interview in the Telegraph with ex-Spurs youth player William Troost-Ekong, who'll be playing for Nigeria in the WC, and in the upcoming friendly against England

Little snippet from the end of the article
He credits his time at Tottenham, and particular the tutelage of academy chief John McDermott, as being crucial to his development, but left the club for Dutch side FC Groningen in 2013 following the appointment of Tim Sherwood as manager. “Me and Tim did not have the best rapport,” he says. “He did not really believe in me as a player.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...s-rock-bond-harry-kane/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Why did I think Lamela was in contention.

And how the hell does Jon Obi Mikel still make it into the Nigeria WC Squad!!??

We played Argentina in November 2017, we have them a two goal head start and then ran a train over their arses and ended up winning 4:2.

Mikel had a good game as a creative number 10. For the record Mourinho destroyed him playing him as a defensive player not allowing him to play in the opposition's half.

Well Phil Jones made your England squad so you are a fine one to talk.

Fortunately my country is not going to the WC, which means I won't be subjected to 24/7 coverage of what the players have been doing.
giphy.gif
Just a shame the journalists at our BBC equivalent ended their strike or we could have avoided commentary as well.

Fortunately my country is not going to the WC, which means I won't be subjected to 24/7 coverage of what the players have been doing.
giphy.gif
Just a shame the journalists at our BBC equivalent ended their strike or we could have avoided commentary as well.

It was of course wrong of me to assume you were English, my bad.

I support Argentina but don't like this team at all. This must be one of the poorest Argentina team in the last 10 years or so. Apart from Messi, most of the players are either over rated(Dybala), out dated(Mascherano), injury-prone(Aguero) or big bottlers(Higuain). Lamela should have replaced Mascherano in midfield. It is a absolute travesty that the biggest bottler of world football, Higuain, is still in the Argentina squad despite costing them 2 Copa America and 1 World Cup finals ! They have problems in all the positions and look mediocre with or without Messi. They will need a miracle to win the World Cup !

Back