• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Women's world cup

I think it's more that other nations became a lot better. Norway (with its 5 million inhabitants) really shouldn't be the best in the world at football. :p

Population size don't really make a difference how good or bad a football team is. People were getting excited about Croatia with 4 million people playing in the World Cup final last year. But don't forget Uruguay with 3.4 million people (even less last time) had won 2 World Cups, 2 Olympic golds and 15 Copa America trophies ! So, Norway with 5 million people should be doing better !:p

This referee was so bad she’d barely improve the standard of the PL!

It is Women's football and a woman referee. What do you expect ? But then PL referees are not really good either. Remember, a PL referee (Graham Poll) remains the only referee in World Cup history to give 3 yellow cards to the same player in the same match during World Cup 2006 !:D

Population size don't really make a difference how good or bad a football team is. People were getting excited about Croatia with 4 million people playing in the World Cup final last year. But don't forget Uruguay with 3.4 million people (even less last time) had won 2 World Cups, 2 Olympic golds and 15 Copa America trophies ! So, Norway with 5 million people should be doing better !:p

You could argue that Uruguay and Croatia are the exception to the rule. You get anomalies, of course, and there's a lot of factors involved, but a country with 60 mill inhabitants, and with say, I don't know, 5 million football players, are much more likely to be good at football than a country with say 100k football players. Simple maths, but yeah, lots of factors involved. :)

Those were totally bizarre reactions from the Cameroon players yesterday. They acted like spoiled children. It really wasn't a good advert for the women's game.
Add to that a dangerous elbow-to-face in the first few minutes, a filthy "tackle" at the end, and the deliberate (imo) spitting on an England player's arm incident, and I am glad to see the back of Cameroon. That ref should be on her way home as well. She had little control and no idea how to deal with what was happening.

All of which takes away from/masks the England performance, which was full of sloppy passing and awful defending. We will be in trouble when we meet a better team.

Last edited:
The worst patch from England was the beginning of the second half, when I think they were distracted by the goings on, or at least I hope that was the reason.

The referee was intimidated in the second half. She did nothing when the Cameroon player deliberately and violently shoved her, she bottled out on the penalty decision and on the card for the stamp at the end. The stamp, the shove, the spitting and elbow were all red card offences and she gave no cards at all when the Cameroon players were refusing to play.

I've been really enjoying the World Cup so far. The football has been consistently high quality and most of the games have been really enjoyable.

Tonight's game promises to be a cracker, hosts versus holders and two of the best sides in the tournament so far.

IMG_20190628_211613.jpg like fudging 6 year old football. Bunching.

They need to make the pitches and goals smaller and use size 4s and also probably make the game shorter. Would make it better for the game. Oh and maybe use 2 goalies in each goal.

View attachment 6858 like fudging 6 year old football. Bunching.

They need to make the pitches and goals smaller and use size 4s and also probably make the game shorter. Would make it better for the game. Oh and maybe use 2 goalies in each goal.

flimflam. The football is excellent and the players are technically very good. It's been a far more entertaining tournament that the Copa America or ACN.

flimflam. The football is excellent and the players are technically very good. It's been a far more entertaining tournament that the Copa America or ACN.
It certainly isn't flimflam. Goalies are horrendous. I'm being serious with the dimensions. Make it smaller and stop comparing it with mens football. Women aren't men. Play women's football that matches their capabilities. Why the question about why women get paid less than men's football is still out there is ridiculous. The same should be with golf and the length of the course. Make them shorter for women.

Earlier on, One of the keepers just waited til everyone pushed up and then drop kicked it right up into the opposition half. I dont know why but it was quite refreshing to see after a few years of watching keepers playing out from the back.

Not saying it was good or bad just enjoyed seeing the variation. Would be interesting to see the odd team in the PL launch a few up there every now and then

It certainly isn't flimflam. Goalies are horrendous. I'm being serious with the dimensions. Make it smaller and stop comparing it with mens football. Women aren't men. Play women's football that matches their capabilities. Why the question about why women get paid less than men's football is still out there is ridiculous. The same should be with golf and the length of the course. Make them shorter for women.

I think that the keepers have been very good on the whole. I think that some people are fixating on one element of the game and ignoring the fact that there are plenty of keeping errors in the men's game.

The women's game is different, not worse, than the men's game but by any standard, this has been an excellent tournament so far.

Back