1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Willian

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Rossi22, 30 Nov 2012.

1. Rossi22

Rossi22 Pedro Mendes

2. Jordinho

Jordinho Tony Marchi Staff Member

Too expensive.

3. SpurSF

SpurSF Stephen Clemence

Theoretically, I agree w/ you, but at 20L it could be a great investment. Willian, Bale, and Lennon in behind Defoe or Ade would make us devastating going forwards and give us a real chance to finish top 4. If we fail and need to balance the books, then we can move Bale on in the summer and Willian can take over. He's a special player and would be a massive upgrade over Dempsey, Sigg, etc. And, he can play all over the midfield and will chip in with goals here and there. 1 in 7 in Ukrainian league, which isn't horrible considering he played their as a youngster.

4. DHSF

DHSF Les Ferdinand

Lloris is looking at AVB as if he is deciding whats the best way to kill him without leaving a trace

so funny

5. Simon_B

Simon_B Matthew Etherington

Fully agree with you. Getting Willian for 20-25 would be a massive investment, but as you say we have Bale as an asset, who can balance the books if needed. For now he would be a massive upgrade on Dempsey and Sigurdsson and if Bale is sold later on, he would be the closest we would get to a replacement of Bale in terms of quality. I'm not against buying young prospects on the cheap, but we have to buy a top class player once in a while, if we want to keep up with the Mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Here we have a player at that level, who have actually expressed his desire to come to Spurs. Even though a third striker is much needed, I would be very happy if he was the only player bought in come january, he's just that good.

6. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

The one thing that concerns me about Willian is that he's yet another wide player who doesn't score goals (averages about 3 a season, much like Lennon).

And whilst he's an upgrade on Lennon, I'm not sure how much of a priority position it is for a £20m investment compared to CM or upfront.

7. Rossi22

Rossi22 Pedro Mendes

He has 4 in 5 in the CL this season. I think AM and wide cover which is what Willian would provide is a more pressing issue than CM where we have Sandro, Dembele and Parker or up front where we have Defoe and Adebayor.

8. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Depends how quickly AVB wants to switch to 4-3-3. Because as soon as he does, we won't need a #10, but we will need a ballplaying CM.

I'm more happy with Demspey, Townsend and Falque covering the flanks than I am with Huddlestone having to play CM.

9. onlyme

onlyme Banned

10. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Gerry Armstrong

Shaktar paid around 17m for him which was a gamble and he's done very well. Why would they let him leave without making a large profit, especially in January. Waaaaay too expensive for us, pointless getting hopes up on this one.

11. P.D.

P.D. Jermaine Jenas

What sort of player is he? I have heard he is more of a dribbler but is that correct, who might he be like in the premiership?

12. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

A left-sided Lennon but with a bit more flair.

13. Rossi22

Rossi22 Pedro Mendes

He's not similar to Lennon at all, I can't think of any directly comparable PL players but he's certainly not like Lennon.

14. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Gudni Bergsson

Could he be Carzola like?

I'll be honest, I've not seen much of the guy. Cool hair though!

15. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

No - he's more direct/has less guile than the likes of Carzola or Mata.

16. Rossi22

Rossi22 Pedro Mendes

You tried telling everyone that Cazorla was a winger during the summer though GB.

Nani is the closest example within the PL I think.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2012
  17. Simon_B

I would compare him to a more skilled and pacey version of Kranjcar. Starts from the left wing but roams around across the pitch as he always seeks possession. Definately a more intelligent player than Nani as he's more of a playmaker than an out an out winger. He's got good pace though, a very good dribbler and has a good shot from distance. Would easily be able to play in the hole.

18. Rossi22

Rossi22 Pedro Mendes

I actually typed out "Imagine Kranjcar but faster" but then I thought people might think I'm a bit mad so settled on Nani :)

19. Simon_B

My initial comparison was actually a young and skinny Ronaldinho, but then I thought people would think I was pushing it ;)

20. spasm

spasm Alan Hutton

:ross: *Levy falls over*