• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which Positions Should We Buy For?

In:

1) Senior LB
2) Senior CB
3) Senior ballplaying CM
4) Senior #9
5) Young versatile forward

Out:

Defoe, Parker, BAE, Naughton, Bentley, Gomes, Gallas (?) and kids that ain't gonna make it.

Every year fans call for new strikers but our defence is where the problems lie. I have not been impressed my Dawson recently-he is roaring at refs and opposition players but not roaring at the guys around him at set pieces. Another QPR type bid and I would let him go.

Defoe is a banker to go in the summer for about £8-9 mill. Leandro to replace him for another £10 mill? I would be tempted to keep Gallas as he played more good games than bad this season.

GK: Lloris, Friedel, Archer

RB: Walker, Smith

LB: NEW, Rose

CB: NEW, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Caulker, (Gallas?)

CM: NEW, Sandro, Huddlestone, Livermore, Dembele, Carroll

AM: Holtby, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Townsend

FW: NEW, Bale, Ade, Dempsey, (Kane?????)

Agree onlyme,

Dawson should be sold, he is NOT good enough. It's all heart, he is a pretty poor defender actually.

Dawson was immense against Stoke.. To use a 'Arry-ism, it's scandalous that people want to sell him..

I want us to sign two forwards and a creative mdifielder to play in the centre and help our ball retention. We have been linked with numerous forwards but personally I would be delighted if we could get Benteke and Damaio. Love what I have seen of Benteke this season, he has looked progressively good and looks like a player well suited to the style of play in this country. He also would be right at home with Vertonghen and Dembele already here. Leandro I have only seen bits and pieces of but I liked what I saw during the Olympics and I think he is someone worth a gamble on.

As for the playmaker role, I am not really sure who we could/will get. I would love us to sign Moutinho but it might be unrealistic. Other options that might well be gettable would be Isco or Cabaye. They would be the three I would look at. Obviously for any 3 of those players it is going to cost money but I am sure that we can make those signings with some movement out of the exit door. Another player I wouldn't be adverse to would be Shaun Maloney from Wigan if they go down. I think he would be a fantastic addition to us in a 4-3-3. I think he has been fantastic for them since he went there, I always liked the look of him at Celtic and was surprised it didn't work out at Villa. It isn't a pressing situation but if a decent LB was available that could come in and give BAE competition then it would be a good thing.

One the way out I would be looking to offload Bentley, Gomes and Gallas which are givens considering their contract situations. Rose would be out of the door, I don't think his attitude is correct and it isn't the first time he has criticised the fact he isn't first choice. I would get rid of one of Livermore or Parker too. Kyle Naughton and Khumalo would also be out the door.

I would promote Jordan Archer to the first team squad alongside Lloris and Friedel. Pritchard and Ceballos should be loaned out to championship clubs or lower prem if they are wanted enough. Andros Townsend should be with the squad now as he has proven himself to be of sufficient quality in my opinion.

In:

1) Senior LB
2) Senior CB
3) Senior ballplaying CM
4) Senior #9
5) Young versatile forward

Out:

Defoe, Parker, BAE, Naughton, Bentley, Gomes, Gallas (?) and kids that ain't gonna make it.

Every year fans call for new strikers but our defence is where the problems lie. I have not been impressed my Dawson recently-he is roaring at refs and opposition players but not roaring at the guys around him at set pieces. Another QPR type bid and I would let him go.

Defoe is a banker to go in the summer for about £8-9 mill. Leandro to replace him for another £10 mill? I would be tempted to keep Gallas as he played more good games than bad this season.

RB: Walker, Smith

LB: NEW, Rose

CB: NEW, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Caulker, (Gallas?)

CM: NEW, Sandro, Huddlestone, Livermore, Dembele, Carroll

AM: Holtby, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Townsend

FW: NEW, Bale, Ade, Dempsey, (Kane?????)

I understand it is all about opinions but respectfully, I have no idea what games you have been watching or what Gallas you have been seeing but he has generally been appalling this season. An accident waiting to happen and looks petrified anytime the ball is near him, especially if it is in the air and he is facing his own goal.

Gallas hasn't been as awful as most posters make out, but he seems to pull a muscle every game he starts and we should give that playing time to someone younger.

I think that Lennon is one of our best players and his importance to the team is demonstrated every time he is out.

I think the importance of Lennon to our team is overstated as he has no direct backup. He's a decent player, but he seems to go missing in games quite a lot.

RB: Walker, Naughton

LB: BAE, Rose

CB: Kaboul, Dawson, Vertonghen, Caulker, Gallas

CM: Parker, Sandro, Huddlestone, Livermore, Dembele, Carroll

AM: Holtby, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Townsend, Bentley

FW: Bale, Ade, Defoe, Dempsey

Out - Gallas (Free), Parker, Bae, Bentley. Carroll (loan).

In - CM(1) Creative CM, LB (1) Experienced LB as first choice over Rose would be fine too, ST (1) Striker who turns up for more than ten games a season.

In (possible upgrades) - Left Forward better than Dempsey. Sell Defoe for young potential striker.

1st Eleven

---------------------Lloris
Walker-----Vertonghen----Dawson-----Rose
----Dembele-----CM (1)------Sandro
----Bale--------ST (1)-------Dempsey

2nd Eleven

------------------Freidel
Naughton----Kaboul----Caulker---- LB (1)
---- Holtby -----Huddlestone----- Siggy
---Lennon----Ade------Townsend

Dempsey and Townsend are good versatility. Would still be able to shift formation to 4-2-3-1 if needs be. Midfielders wouldn't be stuck in team 1 or 2 either, would be swapped in and rotated for their qualities, form and fitness on a game by game basis.

Judging by what the journo close to AVB say we'll be going for a new left back, striker and another creative midfielder.

A second keeper - Friedel is finished.

A left back - Improve on Assou Ekotto, we dont know the level of Rose yet.

A right winger - Improve on Lennon, no end product.

A center back - Improve on dawson, Gallas is finished.

A center midfield to improve on Parker/Hudd

Two Strikers.

But the most important thing is someone in midfield with a lot of technique/passing. Someone like Mata, Hazard, or Cazorla.

Dont want much do you?!? 7 players! Will be very happy with 2 or 3 decent signings!

Dawson was immense against Stoke.. To use a 'Arry-ism, it's scandalous that people want to sell him..

I would definitely keep him. Useful in certain situations and is someone who wouldnt complain too much if not playing week in, week out

dawson, caulker, vertonghen, kaboul.

there is nothing wrong with those 4 centre backs and for me signing a centre back would be a waste of money when there are much more important positions that need strengthening.

IF someone were to bid silly money for Dawson I would sell him, but QPR are going down so little chance of that happening. Too nice a guy to fit in at Stoke.

Personally I wouldn't touch our defence. With Kaboul, Rose and Smith coming back and Fryers settling in, I'm very happy with calibre and balance of the 8+2 defenders we have. Releasing Gallas and Khumalo is the only adjustments I'd make.

When we get a CM who can keep possession and recycle the ball better, I think our goals consceded with fall dramatically. A striker may help this too, if we start killing off games earlier.

worried about Kaboul. Not sure if he will constantly be fit. Weve done ok without him, so if we got a decent offer id think about it and go out and buy Alderweireld from Ajax, Vertonghen's Dutch ex centre back mate, and this lad can also play right back too.

worried about Kaboul. Not sure if he will constantly be fit. Weve done ok without him, so if we got a decent offer id think about it and go out and buy Alderweireld from Ajax, Vertonghen's Dutch ex centre back mate, and this lad can also play right back too.

Hasn't he JUST signed for Roma?

OUT: Ade, Gallas, Friedel, Bentley

IN:

Competition/replacement for Ekotto (Rose isn't good enough)

Winger/attacking midfielder to replace Lennon, Draxler would be ideal. Plus Townsend back and don't loan him out again FFS ](*,)

Creative midfielder- Moutinho/Cabaye maybe?

One first choice striker to replace Ade.

Back up keeper.

Personally I wouldn't touch our defence. With Kaboul, Rose and Smith coming back and Fryers settling in, I'm very happy with calibre and balance of the 8+2 defenders we have. Releasing Gallas and Khumalo is the only adjustments I'd make.

When we get a CM who can keep possession and recycle the ball better, I think our goals conceded will fall dramatically. A striker may help this too, if we start killing off games earlier.
I completely overlooked Fryers at LB. Has anyone been keeping an eye on him?

You may have a point about possession and not conceding goals. A lot of our conceded goals come from set pieces recently, though.

Back