• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which position do we need to strengthen?

We need a few things imo, in order of priority:

1.) Creative Central Midfielder (ie Moutinho or similar)
2.) Winger/Attacking midfielder hybrid (ie Willian or similar)
3.) Right Back (maybe Micah Richards if Emirates Marketing Project view him as behind Zabaleta and Maicon).
4.) Striker (Llorente if Levy can do a deal).

I'd switch the order a bit

Agree with Creative CM as #1, Striker for me would be #2, RB & Winger take #3 & #4

The match against Villa proved once again that we desperately need a creative player that can operate within little space. 1st half were excellent in terms of ball retention and pressing, but as Villa sat back we only created one big chance for Defoe. However in 2nd half Villa came out with a completely changed attitude, but luckily it meant there was much more space to run into and especially Bale thrived on it.

We really need someone who can unlock tight defences with creativity and vision. Sneijder would be absolutely perfect for that role.

I don't really mind who we sign. One quality midfield player or forward would be ideal. Just to add a fresh face to the team. You can't expect the same team to deliver week in week out. We need some other options or I fear we'll stumble at the final hurdle again.

Yes we have Sig and Dempsey who are options, but no real replacement for Bale or Lennon, bar Townsend who's untested really.

We will tire towards the end of the season. Mentally, physically. And we'll have injuries.

So in short, a winger or a striker, or player who can play both position and has pace and a few tricks would be nice.

I dont think we necessarily need a pacy forward/winger, just someone with good movement off the ball...our front 6 are all FAR too static when they dont have the ball, and thats why its so easy for people to sit back against us. As much as I love Lennon and am impressed by his improvement this season, I still think we could do with a 'floater', someone to pop up anywhere across the front line. A player like Oscar would be ideal...its a pity we couldnt bag him in the summer :(

Alex Pritchard can be that wingforward. At the same age Gareth Bale wasn't considered an option and the manager wanted to loan him out.
It's difficult to break through as most managers aren't willing to take the risk - often it will only happen through injury and there being no other options available.
One or two average senior players blocking the way and even a special player won't get his opportunity.

i dont think we technically 'need' to strengthen anywhere. ..BUT...

having said that there is one name i never look forward to when i see him on the starting 11 sheet...

Kyle walker....we could do well to be rid of him from the starting 11 and into a squad rotation role

Stats show that without Dembele we're not as good. Parker is more like Sandro. We don't have another who can do what Dembele does. Dempsey is the closest imo but can't dribble as well.

For me the most important thing would be a couple of squad additions. Firstly a striker, given that we're often playing 4-4-2 at the moment using both of our strikers. Also a player with some experience who can be backup on both fullback sides would be useful. A number 10 (of the calibre of VDV) would be good but I wouldn't be surprised if that was something we addressed in the summer.

Im gonna say a striker and I dont want any of this brick benteke bull fudging brick.

I want a top class striker to finish off our great openings. I love Defoe who can finish and Ade is brick at finishing. We need a Llorente - go all out throw all the cash on someone like Llorente and we would have turned our 2-1 into a 6-1 today.

Im gonna say a striker and I dont want any of this brick benteke bull fudging brick.

I want a top class striker to finish off our great openings. I love Defoe who can finish and Ade is brick at finishing. We need a Llorente - go all out throw all the cash on someone like Llorente and we would have turned our 2-1 into a 6-1 today.

Out of curiosity who would you classify as a top class striker that is at least somewhat realistic?

everyone saying moutinho where does that leave dembele? Really can't see avb switching to 433 espcially not halfway through a season

everyone saying moutinho where does that leave dembele? Really can't see avb switching to 433 espcially not halfway through a season

Our transfer policy must have a longer term perspective than that.
If he sign Moutinho in january, it's just as much for next and coming seasons.
AVB is a 433 man, likely to shape his squad into his image over time.
Skillful, hard working, fast feeted central midfielders + wide forwards + striker that can play lone role

Rossi, Negredo, Pato, Lewandowski, Remy - would these lot be in the same price bracket as Moutinho ?

How long has Rossi been out for now? And with a knee injury. Along with moving to a new league he doesn't seem like a guaranteed top class striker to me.

Can't see Lewandowski move to us, not in January for sure. Mid CL campaign with Dortmund as their main striker and with Manu and other clubs significantly larger than us sniffing around.

Pato struggles to get into the Milan side for a reason. Very talented, looked superb a few years back. Heading back to Brazil because he's a "top class striker"? I don't see it. Would be a pretty big gamble.

Remy? No way in hell he's a top class striker when the standard is one where Benteke is "bull fudging brick".

Negredo would be very interesting, and might be just about realistic. It would involve Levy and Del Nido negotiating another deal though. Makes me imagine Gollum on speed fighting himself over the ring.

We would begin playing 4-3-3 in that case. It's not like we've been playing 4-4-2 all season, it's been mostly 4-2-3-1 until a few weeks ago.

Rossi, Negredo, Pato, Lewandowski, Remy - would these lot be in the same price bracket as Moutinho ?

Pato isn't, and he's going back to Brazil. 12m Euros, 50% pay cut. Hefty sell on clause from Milan. Not bad for a kid who has been injured most of the last 2 years.

Remy and Negredo are nowhere near Lewandowski's value, and Rossi has been injured for quite some time. His club are in division 2 in Spain.

Rossi is a punt. His price would reflect his circumstance and if came back to close he player he was probably a bargain.

In general the Spanish clubs are financially in a mess and are ripe for the picking I would think.

Back